Friday, July 31, 2009

Worship...


Having three kids one of them being two weeks old feeding and sleeping every 3 hours makes it hard to do much else. Besides the fact I my c section war wounds are trying to heal as I motor around the house looking for burp cloths, diapers, wipes, Qtips and an extra set of clothes. (josie's great at the occasional blow out)

Spending time in the word is important to me. But lately I haven't been very good at diving in. I need to get back into it. I need to find well rested Mommy time in which I can read the Bible, and really let it all sink in.

I read something in the Beth Moore book called "Believing God" that talked about how the power of the Holy Spirit has always been represented with oil... when something is annointed and prayed over it the use of oil is important. Beth talks about thinking about "the Word" as if it were fire. And the two combined, the power of prayer and the holy spirit combined with the fire of the Word of God is extraordinary. Believing in that is important.

You'd think that would be enough for me to get off my booty and dig in. But alas, I am too tired.

Which brings me to worship. It is something I can do without thinking about it. It is something I can dive right into. I love worship music, the act of worship and just praising God.

I have always been one to "crank" my music. Worship is so powerful. Yesterday I was driving in my car and this song came on. I was depleted, I was tired, I was utterly done and wondering when my next nap could come. I was kind of feeling whiney. I pictured as I drove how "the enemy" would so much like to deter me and distract me from the blessings of the day. How aso many things had come before reading my Bible. How God wants me to hear from him and so much had gotten in the way of that.

My favorite part of worship is that when we do it when we focus on God when we direct all of our praise and glory and honor to Him... "the enemy" can do nothing but flee. "No weapon formed against me shall prosper..."

So today my friends, I am going to focus on the blessings in life, focus on the GOODNESS of what God is doing. Somewhere in this day I will dig into the word, but in the meantime I will worship Him with all I have. Crank it up!

2 comments:

Michy said...

Rock on sista friend! :o)

Jeanette Hohnke said...

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord...