Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My Brag Blog - Livin the Dream!



I have all these cool pictures of our new baby. I wanted to share them. This feeling of being tired and hormonal but so completely in love is what made me understand God's love entirely. Experiencing it with Josie is another great gift of my life. I will love her with all I have. I will protect her with all I have. I will never stop loving her no matter what happens. If my love for her feels this strong and this deep, I can't even fathom how much God loves me. I really can't. I am just so thankful for it every day.

She is sleeping now. I love it when she's so hungry she sucks on my face to try to eat. I love it when she tries to focus on me and makes little gassy grins. I love it when she explodes in her diaper and it makes this humungous sound... coming from this petite little princess, I love it when she hears my voice and calms down knowing I am going to take care of her. Again... I delight in her.. and take solice in the fact that my heavenly father delights in me.

We have awesome friends... have I mentioned this? We have meals coming every other night for two weeks. What a tremendous blessing this is to us. I had no idea how much that would bless our family. I had no idea how cool it would be to not to have to consider dinner for that long of a time period. What an amazing ministry at our church. Totally cool. We have friends who are offering to take Grace and Toby.. asking for help is tough. As women we are taught to handle it all, take care of it all. I am taking people up on their offers. I am needing my friends I cannot do it all by myself.... the surrender of it all is necessary but very hard.

Enjoy these pictures.



I know a lot of my good friends read this blog... and I am so glad to have you all in my life. I am so glad God put you in my life for such a time and place as this.

Thank you for loving me and my family. Thank you for loving us despite our imperfections. And thank you thank you for being who you are and following God with all you have. You are amazing examples to me! Peace to you! lv, jen

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Just so you know, we consider it an honor to be your friends. You are amazing people, amazing parents, amazing friends. Enjoy every sweet bit with the tiny princess. And sign us up for anytime you need a big kid break - we'd gladly take them for a while!

Andy and Cari said...

She is so beautiful!

Sommer said...

Jen I am so happy that you are getting to enjoy this sweet time with her. And I ditto what Tiff said. You are an awesome friend to have. Let me know if you need anything.

Michy said...

O my goodness she absolutely could not be any more adorable! Soooooo happy for you and your abundant blessings!!! :o)