Sunday, July 5, 2009

9 days and counting


Can I just say how much I love my friends and family. So many people are telling me they are praying for me because of how uncomfortable I look and how absolutely huge my waist is. I measured 39 weeks at 37 weeks and I still have a little over one week to go before the big day we get to meet Josie.

This is my last week of work which comes as a huge relief to me. Sitting at my computer all day tethered to my phone watching my feet and ankles swell and not being able to get up and walk around is tough on me. I welcome the "sleepless" break of maternity leave with open arms. 24/7 feeding my baby girl and sleeping and healing will be my full time job moving forward.

Our 4th of July weekend and extra day off on Friday was awesome. We took the kids to a friend's house while my awesome husband loaded and unloaded some hay for them on their hobby farm. While that happened, the kids were able to play with kittens, miniature goats, horses and doggies. Grace was in heaven. Our plan is to get her involved in 4H her love of animals is so apparent we really want to encourage her in that. Toby loved chasing the animals and LOVE small dogs. He also spent some time at their house taking pictures of their flowers.

On Saturday we went to a 4th of July parade in a small town near Durango with some friends. We were running late so we had to park about a 1/2 a mile from the parade location and walk. I felt like a pack mule and was one sweaty hot mess when I got there. They had everything from horses, to tractors to military, shriners, old cars etc.etc. BK has such a sweet heart, often in each military parade participant ther there was a patriotic country song playing I would get all choked up an teary eyed and I'd look over at my husband and he would be doing the same. One thing his family and father instilled in him is a great pride for his country, our military and the fact we live in such a blessed nation. Toby is sensitive and I believe his sweet sensitive heart is his Daddy's influence. I love my husband so much. The kids had a fun time. The walk back was grueling but once we got to our friends house for a BBQ it was awesome. I rested, ate and laughed. We have awesome friends who have awesome kids and we all have so much fun together.




Saturday night we (against our better judgement) dragged the kids out for fireworks at about 7:30pm. We watched fireworks with some other great friends, with kids in pajamas and Toby fell asleep about 2 minutes into the car ride home. We are in the final stages of prepping the nursery. We have curtains up, we have the dresser/changing table in place. We need to hang her mirror and a couple other decorative items but I'll post pics of our progress. Josie will have a nice little place where she can sleep and sleep. (Dream on mama!) This room is a work in progress. It actually needs some trim put up and the closet doors need to be fixed. But, we are satisfied with the progress we have made thus far...




My husband has done an amazing job of helping me. I am blown away by his motivation and his help with projects around the house. He has moved big huge furniture by himself, completely landscaped our yard, has his awesome dream garden up and running and is in the process of creating a new compost container near his garden. We are anticipating our new arrival to exhaust us but thrill us at the same time. Please pray for Josie, that she be born a healthy and happy little baby sister.

Enjoy the pics, the firework picture was taken by Grace and the flower picture was taken by Toby.

Have a great July! :)

3 comments:

Andy and Cari said...

Yeah 9 Days and we get to meet little bit...I am super excited...and i have never even met you!! Ha! It was fun being pregnant "together" now we can be mommies of newborns "together".
Praying for you and your swollen self.
C

Unknown said...

Can't wait to meet her either! We are clearing the calendar for that day! And the nursery looks beautiful just how it is. I think you two have done a fabulous job. Love you lady!

Kristin said...

Soooo excited to see pictures of your new little one! Wish we could be there to snuggle her, too, but I know you have LOTS of people in line for that job :) praying for rest in this last week, a safe delivery for you both, and quick healing...love you guys.