Monday, May 11, 2009

Trust in the Lord


Bill and I were talking last night about how we have two months left until the scheduled c section and we get to meet Josie. Even though it seems that these last two months could take forever we have so much to do in those two months I think it's going to fly and pretty soon we will be a family of five. The Lord is also preparing me for a new job (more on that later) but as I move into the next season of my life with all the change and all the adjustments I am excited. I have been praying and reflecting on my life recently and really pursuing what God would have for me at this stage of my life. The past four years in Colorado have been a season of establishing roots, community, friendships and service to this area. God has revealed to me that in my past I looked so much to my relationships and people to lead my life... that in this new plan and purpose and provision I am going to be stretched to completely trust in Him. This is a new place for me. I have peace. Some friends of ours just left to SanFrancisco to plant a church there. And before he left he said something that struck me... he said, "If the plans we have seem doable and we're able to do them on our own... then they aren't God sized plans. God centered and God revealed plans are the things we absolutely could not do without Him. It's not about us and what we can accomplish. A God sized plan seems impossible, can be painful, looks impossible. But it burns in your heart and is begging to be fulfilled. The only way it can be fulfilled well.. is with God in the center. Trust in the Lord with all your heart... lean not on your own understanding. I trust you God. Every day help me to fulfill all you have planned and help me to step aside and walk with you in life. Thank you Lord. lv jen

No comments: