Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thankful Thursday - Giving thanks even when I don't "feel" like it.


I was takling to my friend Jill today about how our hearts follow our actions. There are days when I just don't "feel" like being thankful. It's my own sinful nature. I don't "feel" like being forgiving, I don't "feel" like giving grace and love. But I am reminded by my awesome friend that even when we don't "feel" like it we are called to suck it up and be intentional about our actions and our heart will follow suit. Once we start acting thankful or forgiving or loving or merciful our heart will follow suit.

So even though I don't "feel" like it. (because I need God) Here is what I am thankful for:

1. I am thankful for Godly wisdom. For God's direction in the Bible for Him giving me new eyes to see.

2. I am thankful for my daughter Grace who turns seven years old this Saturday. Who's life blesses me more than she will ever comprehend.

3. I am thankful for my creative, funny, happy son Toby who is creative and thoughtful and totally sensitive like his Daddy.

4. I am thankful for Billy. I've said it before but I'll say it again. I am thankful for a man who loves this family and me more than I understand and who is learning loving and following God in his life (I am most thankful for that).

5. I am thankful for friends who trust me, trust God and are able to take this journey and learn with me.

6. I am thankful for my job and my work. That it brings in the money we need to live in beautiful Durango Colorado

7. I am thankful for all of the blog friends who's stories and life journies inspire me to be a better woman of God.

8. I am thankful for big huge bras... because I need them and they work. (don't laugh... I'm serious about this one) ;)

9. I am thankful my husband likes to bake. He made yummy bars last night when he stayed up lated to make them. He makes treats for us.

10. I am thankful for the sun and the spring. That it represents new growth. Lord help me to grow... and be new... in you... every day.

2 comments:

Mom Of Many said...

Thankful that you were thankful even when you didn't necessarily feel like it. Thankful for you! xo

Megan said...

Hi Jen! I just wanted to drop a line and tell you that I really enjoy reading your blog. You are so profound and genuine and simple with it....it makes it truly refreshing. I can so feel your heart through your writing. You are a great writer! Thank you for willing to be vulnerable and real on your blog! It is refreshing and life-giving to read it every day :) Love you girl.