Thursday, May 21, 2009

Another Grace story...


Today we went to Grace's school they had an "Author's Tea". Grace wrote a short story and she read it to all the parents and her classmates. We went on our lunch hour to hear her read her story and it was so cool.

The story went something like this...

The title: My Baby Sister

Page One: Dedicated to Mrs. Rhodes - She is a really good teacher

Page Two: My Mom is having a baby.

Page Three: We know that it will be a girl. Her name will be Josie.

Page Four : She will have long legs. I saw a picture of her long legs.

Page Five : When I was reading a story to my Mom, I saw her move. Bump! Bump!

Page Six: The End.

Each page had an illustration in colored pencil. Grace loves to draw and I just think this book is a precious keepsake we will keep for Josie to read when she is old enough. My favorite part is how she says Josie's legs are long. In the ultrasound the picture of her leg is so close... her legs DO look really long. How cute.

Side Note: We played this song at our wedding... I haven't heard it in a long time. I am so glad it was part of our wedding. It represents the journey God would take us on in our marrriage.. here we are 9 years later. God has taken us places we never thought we'd be. What a spectacular adventure. I am so glad I have such an awesome husband. :)

1 comment:

Andy and Cari said...

Hey, When are you due??? I am due the 26th of june...are we close?
I love your daughters story...when I was pregnant with Caden, my nephew was sitting on my lap and felt her move. He put his little baby hand on my belly and said.."what's in there?" I said it was a baby. He then proceeded to lift up my shirt and say "I wanna see that baby!"
Kids are too funny!
Have a great Holiday!
Cari