Saturday, May 30, 2009

A day at the pool...


Well, today we went and spent some time together as a family at the pool. It was an amazing time. I took Toby to his karate class and stopped at a couple garage sales. It was one of those dreamy Saturdays where I ignored all I "thought should get done" and just made time for me and the family. The dishes and kitchen are a wreck, my laundry needs some serious attention and my nursery is still not empty and prepped to be painted but it was all worth it.

What did I do you ask?

I laughed with my son while we played with a noodle at the pool. I filled it up with water and he "blew" the water out of it... all over me.

I hugged my husband as he taught my daughter some swimming tricks.

I fed my dog. (man she is spoiled) ;)

I was blessed by a garage sale where I found the cutest diaper bag. (I prayed about finding one) Even better all of the proceeds from the garage sale go to a team participating in the "Relay for Life" and the American Cancer Society. I also found ALL of the onsies I would need in size 0-3 which I was also praying about a beautiful receiving blanket and some baby wash cloths. An adorable bib. Great awesome stuff. Cute decoration for Josie's nursery... I'm pretty much set... for her arrival at least! :) Praise the Lord!

My daughter showed me how she can put her head under water with her goggles on.

I gave my daughter a piggy back ride on my back.

I floated... and felt light.

I ate an ice cream sandwich.

I watched my husband do two of his favorite things.. soak in a hot tub and frequent the sauna.

It's 4:50pm and the kitchen and laundrya are calling out to me. But I'd like to say we had a pretty productive day.

May your weekend be productive... "whatever that make look like." lv, jen

3 comments:

Jill said...

It was! I got my room cleaned. Oh heaven... I'll bet the floating in the pool was just about the best thing ever. Are you sore today? I've been so hoping you don't feel the effects of Wii :)

I love the pictures! What a wonderful day. This is the day the Lord has made, you definitely rejoiced and were glad!

Megan said...

Wow! I am refreshed just reading your post! What a wonderful day......

Andy and Cari said...

Glad you had a good one...How are you decorating your nursery? i would love to see pics if you have a chance.