Wednesday, May 13, 2009

On the lighter side...


My posts lately have felt very deep and soul searching. I like it when I can also post about the lighter side of my heart. The things that are just things that happen throughout the day that I have to journal so I can remember the moments. Here are a couple.

Toby makes up his own words. He's five and very creative. He believes in these words and has used them repeatedly. I don't even have the heart to tell them they are not real. He is like Dr. Suess to me! :)

When we were in the hospital, he pushed on this lever on my bed with his foot, he told me he was pushing the "PEMBER" that helped the bed go up and down. He kept saying you just push the Pember Mom. You push it down to make the bed adjust.

Then he was looking at my back and saw a mole. He told me that I have a "weep" on my back. That he wanted to press the "Weep" he inspected it. He cracks me up.

Another time we were here at the house and he was describing something he was doing his "homework" on the computer. he was going to put a mouth on a snowman he was making and he said the mouth he was putting on was called a "Chimber".

Pember, Chimber and Weep. I have to keep track of these little names he has for things. I am so glad he is creative that way and was created so special in so many weird and wonderful ways.

Grace and I are getting ready for her big 7th Birthday party. She is having an Art party and tried to inform me today that SHE was going to pick out EVERY art craft we were doing at the party. I asked her who was paying for the party... and she realized she had someone to answer to very quickly. Hopefully we're all not too tired it will be a fun trip to Wal Mart. (can that even happen?)

Love you all... thanks for listening! -jen

2 comments:

Michy said...

I love kid stories! And by the way your background is just beautiful! Hope you all are doing well.

Michelle :o)

Jill said...

I'm gonna go push my Weep and hope it makes a Chimber. If not, then I'm heading over to my Pember and see if that works....Thanks for the advice Toby. I'll let you know cutie if it works!