Thursday, May 7, 2009

Grateful/Thankful Thursday


I am thankful and grateful for so many things today. As I look outside at a little baby Aspen tree my Dad planted in our yard and see the green buds of summer sprouting on it... it's so awesome I am thankful for life.
1. I am thankful for the smell of summer and how the sun feels warm on my skin.
2. I am thankful for my husband and his awesome heart and how much he loves his family.
3. I am thankful for my minivan... even though the windshield is cracked and it makes this clunky noise when I turn the steering wheel. It carries my family safely where we need to go.
4. I am thankful for my daughter's teachers who help her understand things about nature and math and reading and how important it is to learn.
5. I am thankful for God's love every day.
6. I am thankful for family and friends who may be far away but are so special to us.
7. I am thankful for my kids who love each other so much and when they are 7 and 5 still love to play together and laugh with each other and are kind to one another. (mostly)
8. I am thankful for this baby Josie. Little girl... I cannot wait to meet you.
9. I am thankful that God made me a Mommy. That I am blessed with this awesome responsibility, having my children has draws me nearer to Him than I could have ever imagined.
10. I am thankful that I can be a Mom to all kids... a Mom who knows when a child needs a hug, a smile, "knuckles" or a snuggle. What a precious gift.

1 comment:

Andy and Cari said...

I am thankful for you...and your family. Congrats on the little one. When is your due date? happy Mothers Day, Jen!