Saturday, May 2, 2009

The last trimester and all that comes with it!


The saga continues. I had my last monthly visit to the doctor yesterday. From this point forward we are meeting every two weeks to monitor baby Josie's progress in my tummy. The other day Toby said, Mommy... your tummy is getting really big.. and Mommy... your butt is getting really big too. He didn't say it to hurt my feelings. He just said it very matter of factly. He tells me the truth and I love him. So observant, so honest he just loves me no matter how big or "fluffy" I get. It makes me chuckle. I told him that God made my booty as big as my belly so I wouldn't tip over.

Anyway, the proof is in the pudding. Because I had my "weigh in" yesterday and the doc said I am right on track for the amount of weight I have gained. I took my gestational diabetes test and they drew blood. I was called promptly afterward so they could let me know that my iron levels were "alarmingly low." The nurse told me to start taking Iron pronto. We will check blood again on Monday. Iron and I are not friends. Iron made me sick for three months, it's a tad bit constipating but my trade off will be hopefully some more energy. To be completely honest, the call about my iron levels scared me. I always think about how it might be effecting Josie. I just said a little prayer that God would keep her safe and give her everything she needs inside me. I have no idea how my sugars are in the diabetes test so I'm still waiting on that information. We'll keep you posted.

As we near the tail end of this pregnancy, we have a lot of things coming up, softball season... (BK will play Tuesdays and Sundays) Our big garage sale postponed to the last Saturday in May. Lots going on in Children's ministry and church, Grace's 7th birthday party and my brother is coming back from college in a couple of weeks. We are also looking for a nanny or someone who can help us when I have to go back to work after maternity leave. We just enrolled Toby in a Saturday morning Karate course which I am thrilled about because he loves it. It's called Little Dragons. It's a class for kids 4-6. I missed the ball on Soccer this spring so we thought we'd kick off the season and try this. I think we'll get the kids in swimming lessons again this summer and girl scouts for Grace.

No comments: