Saturday, March 7, 2009

What fills my love tank.



BK and I read the "Five Love Languages" book some time ago. I always thought my first love language was affirmation and quality time, but as I am very honest with myself and have more children I have to say that what fills me up MOST is "acts of service." I love it when BK finishes projects around the house, makes improvements, folds laundry, I can actually feel my heart swell as I think about him doing these types of things for me. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with him, but if he wants to knock my socks off with a massive dose of love... acts of service is where it's at.

So, in honor of my husband I play this song. Yesterday he installed a brand new toilet in our home and for our family. To most this is something that's pretty standard, but during this pregnancy I spend much time emptying my bladder and in the first three months of this pregnancy much of it was spent in the bathroom. The toilet we had was ok.. it functioned, but it was old and the enamel on the inside had worn off so it did not stay clean for very long. I emailed BK yesterday with the thought that it would be great to replace our toilets... and to see if they had anything at work that he could price out. It was funny because he had a lot of different ordering questions like do you want a round or elongated toilet white or creme and finally comfort height?!? He's so detailed. I emailed him back and last night, he brought me home a potty an installed it downstairs. I love that man of mine.

So with my love tank full and feeling very proud and in love with my husband. I dedicate this "old school" Tina Turner song to my coolest toilet installing husband Billy Kline :)

2 comments:

Miss. Jinny said...

Oh man praise you Jesus for a new Kline toliet! I love it! It looks so pretty! Way to go (Jesus) aka BK! You are a rock star! :)

Unknown said...

Oh you guys rock! Can't wait to potty on the new toilet! It's awesome Billy!