Monday, March 23, 2009

Her name...


Well, it looks like it's settled... we have a name. BK and I have been going back and forth on names since we found out about this baby girl. BK reunited with a friend on Facebook from college, Billy was telling me about how this guy had a daughter named Josie. Immediately something clicked in my brain and I was like... I LOVE THAT NAME! We love meanings of names, so I looked it up..and it means "God has Increased" to me it was an indication from the Lord that this was to be her name. For quite some time Billy has wanted to increase this family. He loves our kids, he loves being a Dad and he wants our kids to have siblings, he is blessed by children all the way around. Bill had to digest the name and mull it over like he does many things, but after some discussion and talking with friends about it... it stuck for him too. Here's the cool part. We were thinking about middle names and could not come up with one. My middle name is Lynn, but again Billy really liked the middle name Hope. Like I have said before this new little arrival was a blessing from God that gave us a renewed sense of hope and love. But Josie Hope Kline... just doesn't roll of the tongue (as Billy would say).

Then I was looking at babynames.com and the website was saying that Josie is actually short for the full name Josephine. My Grandma Marion passed away this past year and it was very very hard for me. She and I were very close and I love her very much. She was my prayer warrior. She loved the Lord. She was one of the people in my life that without being blatant or in my face she always directed me back to the Lord and my faith. I remember one time I was a teen and perplexed about boys... and she very seriously told me to become a nun... (she wasn't joking):) She very much loved God. She would tell me many times that she would pray for me. Growing up I didn't understand how powerful that is. But I believe that when people are praying for you, there is something that happens in the supernatural that protects you... big things happen.

I remembered today that her middle name was Josephine and ran it by BK... he immediately liked it. I checked with my Mom and sure enough it was Josephine. It's no coincidence that this child is the result of much prayer, and will be the namesake of a wonderful woman who gave me awesome examples of the power of prayer and the love of God.

Her name will be: Josephine Hope Kline

And we'll call her Josie! Thank you God for your revealing of plans.... for your love... for the names you provide us, for my awesome Grandma and for YOUR NAME... which is powerful when we cry out to you and pray. Thank you God for your love for all of us.

6 comments:

Jill said...

I think Josie Hope is beautiful! I love it and can't wait to meet this gorgeous girly.

Jo said...

Beautiful name (as Jill said). I cannot wait to see her little personality and to meet her.

Jeanette Hohnke said...

I love your song, I love the name, and I mostly love you

Sommer said...

This is already one very special little girl. I can't wait to meet her either. She will be such a wonderful addition your already awesome family.

Unknown said...

Oh man - again with the crying at work! I absolutely adore the name, though, almost as much as I adore her. Can't wait to meet her!

Michy said...

I love this post and you letting us in to your thoughts! My sisinlaw is pregnant and not only do they not want to know the sex of the baby, they won't discuss names with anyone! So I appreciate your sharing even more. :o) I know its a personal decision!