Monday, March 16, 2009

Friends...


Yesterday, we went to our friends land to have a barbecue. They had a "disciple" party for Jesus (my husband and the people who will perform as disciples in the Passion Play. Grace and Toby have made some very special friends through our church and so have we. Caden is Toby's age and Haley is Grace's age. Teri (their Mom ) and I talk about how similar they are... yesterday as I watched them play together, I realized how important these new little relationships are. Believe me, these kids don't get along 100% of the time, but they are learning at a young age how to communicate to each other. They are learning how to be friends and I just get the biggest kick of watching them grow up.

One of my favorite all time movies is the movie Stand by Me. The boys in the movie "scrap around" together. My brothers and I could quote lines from this movie we watched it so many times. Pete and I even danced to this song at my wedding.

I advise my kids to make good choices in their friendships, to "use their words", to ask and give forgiveness and ask I speak these words to them, I am reminded to do the same in my own relationships. Be kind, use your words, give and ask for forgiveness and be gentle. Relationships are so important, so fragile and so much fun. Thank you Lord for all of them. Thank you Lord for the sweet friendships my kids have in their lives, protect them, watch over them... and make them what you would have them be.

No comments: