Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday Toby Tobias!



Well, today is our "baby boy's" 5th birthday. There is something about turning 5 that takes a child from being "little" to being "big." Grace got her ears pierced on her 5th birthday. After she did, she looked so much older to me. The same thing happened today when Grace and I walked with Toby into the Elementary school. He looked taller to me, I bigger and more like my big boy than my baby boy. I think it's God preparing my heart for each passing year.

This boy was such a joy to have Billy literally jumped off of the little stool he was sitting on when I had my c section and the doctor informed us he was a boy. The minute I heard his voice... I was totally in love. He is a soft hearted smiley, sensitive boy who loves to laugh. But the cool part about him is that at the very same place he is soft, he can switch on a dime and wrestle you to the ground. I can't keep up with him... but I know his heart which is totally precious to me.

For those of you who have never seen Tobias as a baby. I'm posting some pics. We are so proud of the boy he is growing up to be. We are so in love with him. I can't wait to see what an awesome big brother he is going to be.
This song is called Spoken For by Mercy Me. We played it at Toby's baptism in Minnesota. It is special to me and his Daddy, because God has an amazing plan for our little boys life... we are so excited to watch it unfold. The second song is the Flintstones theme song... one of Toby's favorites.

5 comments:

Jill said...

I love old pics! So sweet to see that little man. Happy Birthday Toby. You are a sweet boy with a huge heart. So sensitive and caring. I have no doubt you'll be an amazing big bro. Have a wonderful birthday. We love you!

Unknown said...

Yeah for baby pics! Love them! Toby - you rock. You are so much fun to be around, and your heart is sweeter than chocolate. I can't wait to see you as a big brother. I know you'll be great! Have an awesome birthday! We love you.

Mom Of Many said...

Happy Birthday from your buddy Isaiah and his family! We are so thankful for you!! You are a treasure to all who know you! We love you!

Jo said...

Happy birthday Toby. You are awesome.

Michy said...

Don't you hate when you're listening to a great song and don't think of the fact that if you click away from the page it will end!?!? I was just listening to "Better Hands Now"...oops.

ANYways I just wanted to say hi so I am no longer a creepy lurker. :o)

Michelle