Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday - Life in Durango


I am thankful today for living in Durango. This small resort town in the far southwest corner of Colorado has been the biggest blessing in my life. It just goes to show you that when you follow what God has planned for your life... even though it may not make sense to you... it is goodness. Pure goodness.

1. I am thankful for the awesome sun in Durango. The sun that makes me walk out the front door, look at the mountains and smile.

2. I am thankful for Durango Joe's that makes an awesome cup of coffee that I can drive right up and purchase. I'm thankful for Jerry the managerthere... who is part of my community and talks to me about 80's music he has playing while he makes my coffee.

3. I am thankful for this beautiful home and land my Mom and Dad purchased with dreams for their families in mind.

4. I am thankful for my job and my boss who understood how important family is to me and allowed me to work from home. Allowing me to be a better wife and Mom.

5. I am thankful for nature that we see daily. Hawks, elk, deer, beautiful lakes, rivers, colors of the mountains, sunsets. They are daily reminders to me that God is ever present in my life. That God is abundantly creative and if he made all of those beautiful things... I see the beauty in people too.

6. Speaking of people. I thought when I moved here I was simply doing it to move to a place to be closer to my family. Which is very true. But he double blessed me when I became involved with my church family. Never being a "church girl" for most of my life. I really don't see myself going to church each Sunday. I go to see my friends who love God as much as I do. A great group of perfectly imperfect people who love me and my family.

7. I am thankful for Grace and Toby's teachers and the school they attend. Again, the most amazing people in my kid's lives. People who have invested in them, loved them, taught them amazing things and continue to blow me away.

8. I am thankful for the rec center. A place to climb the rock wall, swim in the pool, go down the water slide and have a blast. I am also thankful for the multitude of cool Parks in the area where the kids can play and enjoy the outdoors.

9. I am thankful for main street. That draws all of the tourists to Durango... and fuels the economy in Durango. Although during some seasons the traffic is enough to send me through the roof... and I can't get a parking spot at the grocery store. I am thankful for people who come and appreciate this town.

10. I am thankful for the abundance of creative arts opportunities and outdoor sports the kids can be involved in. I am thankful that this is a place where my children can grow up feeling safe and have lots of fun things to do.

No comments: