Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Am I a Princess?


My Mom for years has referred to herself as a "princess". For most of my life, I think it is because she likes things that are girly..sparkly things, feathery things, dresses, make up etc.etc. My daughter is following suit... LOVES to dress up, wear dresses, paint her nails, accessories, etc.

Last night, when we got 6 inches of snow in our driveway overnight and I look and there is no path to my car and my minivan is buried, I feel vulnerable, overwhelmed and "princess like." I wish I had a fairy Godmother who would come and swoosh all of the snow away, make a path for my feet (and my two children) and assist me with all of my obstacles. I can shovel like a mad woman (and I did) I got the kids breakfast and went out and wiped down the car and started it. I looked all around me wondering if the van would make it through the accumulation of snow that had been dumped on us and just said a little prayer. I don't need a fairy godmother like Cinderella had. I have Jesus.

If Jesus is the King of Kings and the Prince of Peace.... and I am considered one of his children.. then man... I know I've got some princess blood in me somewhere!

I've had moments where I've been praying and sought to be in the "presence" of Jesus and have seen him sitting next to me in a park like setting, putting his hand over mine... and looking at me with complete compassion as if to say "why do you carry weight of the world your shoulders?" I don't think Jesus wants his princesses to live that way.

He sees women as precious and soft, regardless if we wear pants or big huge ball gowns and boas and tiaras. He gave us hearts that are soft and squishy. He gave us passionate emotion that allows us to be sad and soft when we feel weak and powerful and passionate and strong warrior women when we are on the mountaintop. He gives us the ability to nurture, love and big huge hearts.

I think in the past I have seen some of my "princess like" qualities as being weak, but as I get older I am learning to embrace it. I am a princess who needs Jesus and needs God to take care of me, protect me, watch over me and most of all love me when I need it most. Thank you Jesus, for helping me understand what it means to be a true princess and showing me your love when I need it most.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Thanks for my morning cry session :) I so need my daddy to love on me!

Miss. Jinny said...

Thanks Jen for the little reminder I am and always will be a princess and so will you! I love you girl!

Kimberly Beach said...

What a beautiful picture!

I've told she Ashle forever that she is a Princess. Her Heavenly Father is the King of the Universe!

And she loves tiaras!