Friday, February 13, 2009

Little Miracles...



If you're ever wondering if God exists or doesn't exist watch for miracles. One happened to me yesterday and I wanted to tell people. So you understand why I believe what I believe and how I know God loves us all more than we can imagine. So much so... he answers my measly little prayers.

My Mom was taking a trip to New York to visit my brother. She was very excited to go as he was cast in a play and has a great part and it is one of his first important roles at NYU. The day before she left we were talking and I could tell she was worried about finances. She just bought a new house in New Mexico is living off of her retirement and has just started a part time job to fund these big new changes. She was telling me that she was going to New York on a shoe string budget. Which if you've ever traveled... it feels nice to have some extra money in your pocket in case of emergency.

I have heard a mom on our Christian radio station talk about something called "arrow prayers" you shoot them up to god as you go through your day. You just pray and speak to God from your heart to continue your daily conversations with him. I often use them with my children... "dear lord... I need your help today... help me with Tobias and his inability to stay in his bed..."

Well, I was washing my floor yesterday and I thought about my Mom. I remember traveling and not having much cash on hand... and feeling uneasy. So I just shot a little prayer up to the Lord and said, "Lord... maybe my Mom could find some cash in New York... what an awesome blessing that would be and gave it to the Lord as my simple request and forgot all about it.

Later in the afternoon my Mom called me from the airport in Minneapolis. She was telling me how her early flight went and how tired she was and that she was feeling better because she got something to eat. Then she told me... guess what? I found a $20.00 bill in the airport. I was like WHAT? She repeated herself and I was a little stunned. You know no matter how faithful you are... it is still hard to fathom in my puny little brain how much God loves me. So it is still unbelievable to me when he sends me a miracle. I told my Mom about my prayer and we were both giddy and laughing. Both delighted that God had touched us that day. What an awesome cool little miracle. He loves us that much. He loves us that much.

2 comments:

Jerome Bleger said...

Yay for our amazing awesome God! Good job being sensitive to the calling.

Kimberly Beach said...

"Handfuls on Purpose" - like Boaz left for Ruth! God delights in doing that for us! I truly believe that. He delighted in your prayer and he delighted in that timely twenty.