Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Story...


My friend Jill seems to have a plethora of blog ideas in her head... and I'm not sure what's going on with me because some days I sit here, just tapping my head racking my brain what to write.

But my friend, helped me today. She asked what my "story" was in her blog... you can read it here . It was an exercise she did at a women's conference where they were able to write their "story" their saga... and she asked us..what's our story.

Here's my version... it reads like the inside cover of a book or a movie trailer.

Jen is a goofy, fun, loud and friendly Mom (raised in the 80's) who desires to be a great wife and Mom to her family of five and grow in her relationship with God.

Suddenly, she realizes that the word "great" is very big... and hard to achieve and her relationship with God and her family takes her to places where she scratches her head, scrunches her eyebrows and says "Hmmmm....", God is taking her on a true life adventure. But she's up for it.

Will the songs in her head from the 80's ever stop? Will her hormones ever stabilize? Will they ever make a waterproof mascara that does not lacquer your eyelashes?" Only time will tell...

This was fun. Who knows what my story will be... but an adventure it will be. A truly God given God driven adventure of a lifetime.

2 comments:

Jill said...

That. Was. Awesome! (read like Tommy Boy) You're so much fun! Love you girl.

Miss. Jinny said...

Jen you crack me up I love you so very much! You have a huge life story that God is continuing to write daily and I am so blessed that I get to be along for the ride!