Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It takes two... (to make a thing go right)


My husband loves this song. I guess this is one of the little known facts I am STILL learning about him after 8 years of marriage. It was popular when we were in our teens... so it is nostalgic for him. Kind of like me and Cyndi Lauper. He is becoming blog obsessed like his wife, because he wanted me to incorporate it into my next blog. So here it is... (enjoy)

Today BK was home from work. His schedule has been switched to four ten hour days with one day off. He had a blast today. He spent it playing with Toby, taking him out to the garage and hanging a cork board in my office for me. They also went shopping and got a part for our broken oven and Toby helped Daddy fix it. I guess on their way home they stopped at 31 flavors and Daddy treated him to a chocolate ice cream cone. There is something that is so special watching a father and son bond like that. Listening to them play and laugh and hearing Toby have a very "big boy" type conversation with his Daddy... just makes my heart swell.

I am so excited to watch them grow in relationship and hang out together and play sports together... Billy has so much to teach this young boy of ours and Toby is learning from an awesome man. I couldn't be prouder of these two wonderful men in my life.

And if hangin with Toby is all BK needs to motivate him to get some projects done around the house... then these two can hang out together ALL THE TIME! :)

1 comment:

Miss. Jinny said...

oh man how cute they are and how nice it is for Billy to have that day to spend with Toby! You have an amazing husband and an amazing little boy! I love you and your family so much!