Monday, June 29, 2009

My kitchen... my husband...blogging about it!


Sometimes I post just to post. Like that Michaeal Jackson song needs to change. So I need a new post. My friend Jill has like 10 ideas in her head to blog about. I'm too tired, big and overwhelmed to think this week. So pardon me for the random funkiness of the postings. :)

I am nearing the end of this pregnancy. I am feeling more and more "NOT" able to do much other than drag my legs around the house and look at things. I have folded laundry, and sat on the couch looking at it trying to "will it" to the appropriate place. I just look at a nicely folded stack of towels and think to myself, man I really don't want to bend over to pick those up and carry them ALL THE WAY to the bathroom! So I don't. They just sit in the living room looking at me.

Working full time still and being pregnant and having the two kids with me is still a lot of work. I am trying to keep them occupied and give them a fun summer, while doing a good job in customer service at my work as well as keep myself as comfortable as possible while working and doing all of the above. My stomach gets in the way of my keyboard so it's difficult sometimes to think straight. Ya'll hear me cluckin?

Not to mention at the end of last week BK warned me of his impending toothache and that he could not get into the dentist until Tuesday. So, he is nursing himself with pain meds from the dentist/Tylenol to get him through until tomorrow. If you've ever had a toothache.. this is one of those that drop you to the floor and make you want to rip the tooth out yourself. He has been a trooper. So when the meds are kicked in and he feels well, he has really helped me this weekend. The other day I completely neglected cleaning any dish we had in the house. The kids were cleaning cups as they needed them, not to mention utensils and other kitchen items. The dishes were stacked ALL over the kitchen. I told Bill that I just have no motivateion to get those dishes done. And walked away defeated. I put the kiddos to bed and kissed BK goodnight. He was staying up so I thought I'd head to bed early. I woke up in the middle of the night at about 3:30am and could not sleep. I was dehydrated totally parched and made my nightly trip to the bathroom. I went downstairs to drink some water and eat some grapes and sit at the kitchen table. My kitchen was IMMACULATE! The floor was swept, every single dish was put away. I was blown away, and so thankful to my husband. He rocked it out. The next day I told him he does not understand how much "little" things like that fill my "love tank" and make me feel very loved by him. He needed to know. It was so cool.

We had a great weekend together as a family. We went to garage sales, we spent time with friends at a beautiful wedding, we went to church on Sunday, I taught a bunch of awesome 1-3rd graders. BK played softball on Sunday afternoon and we wrapped it up with dinner at Denny's after softball. Not to mention I got the kids a new sprinkler for outside when it gets hot today. I will post pics of that later.

Josie's nursery is coming along. We've bought her a dresser that can double as a changing table. I am putting up some curtains tonight and BK is going to hang her mirror and a couple other decorative items we've found. I found a lady on Craig's list who is selling a mobile and a couple other cute items... I am in the process of getting those for Josie.

Last thing to do is empty out her closet and figure out where to put all of the junk we have stored in there. Fix the closet doors and get her clothing organized. The grandma's are planning their arrival at our house in mid July and we have a "low key" but fun Fourth of July planned too.

In the meantime I pray, I praise God in the goodness of this life and I look forward to each new day. Hope you all have a great week! :) lv, jen

PS. This song is dedicated to my blog friend Cari... she's a mommy to a new little boy and it sounds like Rigg and Cari need some "Dance Party" music to "rock out" the day! Captain should join in too... old school Bon Jovi is awesome. :) Enjoy!

2 comments:

Andy and Cari said...

love the song....one of my favs...made my day!

Jill said...

Bill did way awesome! I love it when the dish fairy comes and sweeps me off my feet!!!

Only 16 days left! You're in the home stretch my friend.

Now let's see some pics of Josie's room :)