Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Are you looking for a miracle?


Last night grace and I were watching the movie Charlette's Web II. We were sitting on the couch. Toby had fallen asleep and we put him to bed. I let Grace stay up later than usual so she could finish out the movie and watch it with me. Sometimes it's just fun to hang out on the couch with her and watch.

I am not sure about anyone else, but lots of fingerprints, scratches and handling of DVD's by children usually messes them up pretty good. This DVD has been handled been on trips with us where the kids have managed to scratch it touch it and get their muddy little paws all over it. It's a little painful for me because I think they are a tad bit expensive in some cases.

Anyway, last night at the last part of the video, it got stuck. It just stood at one place in the movie.. frozen screen. I hit the fast forward button to get it past the scratch or food or whatever might be causing the glitch. The screen just sat there. Nothing. I was able to rewind it back to a part further back in the movie but when it go back to the same spot, it froze again. Grace was like... oh Mom... I really want to see the end of this (even though she had seen it like 50 times).

So I said this outloud. "Dear Jesus, please help us with this movie you know how much Grace wants to see the end, please fix it for us."

Immediately the video unstuck and played the rest of the movie. I looked at my daughter's face and a big HUGE smile came across it. She was so impressed with how Jesus just fixed that video for us. I said, "Did you see that Grace... wow Jesus must really have understood how much you wanted to see the rest of it" She said, "Yeah, He did."

I was thinking about that moment this this morning and wondered.... If you don't have faith in Jesus or God and the hope of Christ. Your bound to miss all of the miracles in life. I love moments like this... just thought I'd share!

1 comment:

Miss. Jinny said...

I love those little moments when you see God move right before your eyes it is so amazing!