Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Shower Time... with both kids


Grace went to a cool slumber/pool party with one of her friends from school. At the party. She recieved a goody bag that had a shower cap in it. She and TOby have been having a blast with this cap. It cracks me up how much kids love to wear costumes put things on their heads and act silly. My favorite part about kids.... actually! :)

So my kids are bath kids. They love to play in the bath, hang out in the bath, get cleaned up in the bath. It relaxes them before bed and it's always been part of our bedtime routine.

But somehow this showercap has super powers. It provided my son the courage he needed to try out the "shower" for the first time two days ago. Ever since he's taken this "first shower". He wants to take one every day. He wears the cap into the shower and takes it off once he gets in there.

Grace exclaimed as Toby came into the shower... " Toby I cannot believe how big you are getting! You used to be a little baby boy and now you are so big! I'm so proud of you!" She loves her brother so much. I think having this new baby is making her realize how her and Toby are older. She keeps referring to times long ago when she was six and five and three. :) That makes me giggle too. Oh and by the way, Toby added another word to his Tobias Dictionary. He was playing a video game and he called this robot looking thing he had to jump on a "Tember". Tembers are apparently Robots that you jump on and squish them.

Have an awesome week. Peace to you all!

1 comment:

Andy and Cari said...

OK, so I love the pics of you...not bad, but I still have you beat! What color is the nursery? I couldn't really tell. Are you doing anythihg special with the decor? Your kids are precious! Love the shower cap! Thanks for all the encouraging words and prayer...good to know we have friends in Durango! Incidentally my husband loved CO. So if we vacation there in the future, I am def. up for a meeting/visit!