Saturday, June 13, 2009

Girlfriends who are Believing God...


I am reading this book called, Believing God by an awesome woman and author named Beth Moore. In this book she talks about not just Believing God but about Believing in the power of God. Believing all of the promises he tells us and living them out in our lives.

She speaks about a five statement pledge of faith that encompasses virtually everything Christians (we) are challenged to believe.

Those five statements are:

God is who He says He is.

God can do what He says He can do.

I am who God says I am.

I can do all things through Christ.

God's Word is alive and active in me.


If you are reading this. Please use these statements of encouragement to know that just believing in God is not all he has for us. He has so much more and is so much more than we give him credit for... find out what that means for you. And lead an awesome adventurous life!


Today I met with the girls in our book club. It is a monthly book club where we read a book in a month and get together to talk about it.

It astounds us all that usually the things and books we are read together knit perfectly into our lives and the things we are working through in our walk and our faith journey with God. I am have been attending this book club for three years with some of the coolest woman on the planet and by coolest, I mean women who want to please God with their lives.

Women who are honest and transparent, women who are vulnerable to one another with their hurts, their needs, their hearts. A group of women who have made me better just by knowing, learning and being friends with them. We laugh a lot, sometimes we cry sometimes we get so fired up about something we reveal to each other our true passions in life. We come to the talk sometimes after mornings of chaos with children and husbands... we come to the talk while walking through difficulties financially, we come to the talk with heavy hearts because we are walking through tough times in life and we come to the talk with exciting awesome news about how the great things that have happened too.

But the cool thing is that we can walk into our book club and know that as a group of women who truly care about each other God and each other's families. (not to mention we drink delicious coffee and eat yummy breakfast treats! :)

I am truly blessed and thankful for these women God put in my life. I am truly humbled that I "get to" know them and love them and their families. It is with great joy that I post this today because I am so proud to call all of them my friends.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As we are proud to call you friend as well, dear lady. You are a treasure!