Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009 - What's next Lord?




The coolest part about a new year is the fresh beginning it presents you. Last year BK and I decided our New Year's Resolution was to "get healthy?" stop eating all the junk. Start exercising and taking care of our bodies. We never really embraced it before as a "lifestyle" but know that our health is one of our biggest blessings and we can totally thank God for our healty bodies by taking care of them. It kind of blows me away that in our resolution BK was diagnosed with diabetes... it was seriously the biggest blessing to us. Bill has never been healthier, never been at a healthier weight, never more concerned about what he eats. He still has fun and gives himself treats, but hopping on the treadmill is a regular event for him. He looks amazing and has lots of energy. Perfect for our growing family!

I started working out in January and allowed myself one hour a day just to focus on getting my heart pumping and my body moving. Whether I did a DVD or got on our treadmill, I was focused on getting my body moving and shaking. Our kids even got in on it and would ask me... Mommy... did you do your workout today? I was afraid the time I focused on myself would take away from them... but they were motivated by my progress and the changes they saw in my energy, and my emotions. They were my cheerleaders. It was cool.

Billy just left to go to the store and before he left he said, we need to make some resolutions. For BK and I resolutions aren't something that looms over us or that we have to rise up to meet. They are just what God has put on our heart for the year. A question to God regarding... what would you have us do this year Lord. Guide us.

I love these conversations with Billy because when we set them together and talk about the next year, we do so with excitement and anticipation. We also can do it with empowerment because we include God in our plans. In the Bible it says that God sends the holy spirit to help us, comfort us and guide us. As we move into a new Year, we rest on that awesome knowledge that we are encouraged, loved and motivated into the next year by God. The God that made the mountains and everything beautiful is guiding us. What a cool thing to know. May everyone who reads this have an amazing 2009. Seek God in all of it...and watch how much he loves you.

No comments: