Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hanging with the Girls...

Remember how I talked about "blowing the stink off?" Well, just like my family needs time out together and time to get out.. there are times when I start to feel... I am not sure how to say it... but kind of blah... I am thankful for all of my blessings, I love my life... spending time with my husband my kids and God... it's all great.

But there is something very special about women hanging out together. I picture this little flame inside of me gets smaller and smaller the more I ignore time with my girls. God created me as a woman who loves girly things, getting my nails done, watching a romantic movie, going shopping, eating yummy foods and chatting with other chicks. Being in relationship and friendship with other women is something I cherish and I am so blessed to be surrounded by many awesome chicks her in Durango.

Before kids this was something I spent a lot of time doing. I would call friends, plan weekends away, or nights out. I would meet a friend for dinner and a drink or just go to their house and hang out for a night. Sometimes we would have sleep overs... etc.etc. Family life has stretched me to try to balance it all out. Make time for it all.... and I have to say that these times for me have been put on the backburner.

I think guys like to compete. Whether they play or watch video games, golf, basketball, football, they fish they hunt... they have things that just fuel them.

Well, girl time does that for me. Not because I am unhappy or sad, but because I just have neglected that part of me and it is something I am working on. Being depleted is no fun. I think one part of becoming the woman God wants me to be is also knowing when I need to take care of and love and do things for myself. (not in a selfish way) But just do some things I enjoy with other women.

So... calling all my girls... I would like to plan a Girls night out... end of February. Please let me know what date works best for you and I will get the word out. This will be something simple, but fun. But let's take some time this Valentine month to pamper ourselves, enjoy each other and fuel that flame that God puts inside all of us to be the women he created us to be.


PEACE!

6 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm there, girl...needing a little girls' night out, myself! Friday nights work best for me, but I can probably make another night work.

Kimberly Beach said...

Friday night! Let's go!

Jill said...

Name the night. I'm a girl ready to party...sort of. Can we be done by 9? :) JK! I'm old. Actually, I'm in!

Miss. Jinny said...

I am there name the time and place! Oh and I just want to tell you I can not wait for Friday night! I love you!

Jo said...

I am in; Friday works the best for me too. Just name the day and time.

Unknown said...

I am so there! Fridays are great!