Saturday, January 31, 2009

Preach it sister...


All too often I think I was born in the wrong region of the United States and that the Catholic church I grew up in was the a displacement of where my roots should have started. Or God has just saved my passion and "soul" for worship... for now... a time when I can experience it with God full on... mano y mano, in the coolest most closest way. I've been cooped up for too long!

I think I should have grown up in the south in a Baptist church with all of those awesome cool women with their sweet Sunday "best" on (i especially like the hats). Waving their fans... telling the preacher to "PREACH IT." Shaking my head when I agree.. giving a proper YES SIR! And praying that the holy spirit fall upon us all... there is nothing like it.
When the truth is being spoken out loud... when the truth about God's love is passionately told to you and you can feel the Holy Spirit stirring your heart up. It is perfection and totally God.

At our church, we have an awesome worship band and they play modern Christian worship music, we have passionate people in church who worship God and sing to Him with all their hearts and a pastor that preaches from his heart which is totally awesome.
But I must admit... when the occasion comes...and my heart is stirred and I BELIEVE what the preacher is saying and I feel like I need a WITNESS... I'll give a little shout... a little hoot a little holler... and round it off with a clap for God.

My husband and brother (I think ) were at first mortified by my outbursts... (now they are used to it) If your visiting with us for the first time to our church, I would not act this way so I don' t scare you. But I think to myself... if I can scream at the top of my lungs for performers like Kenny Chesney, AC/DC, Def Lepard and Prince.... then why not give a little shout to the Lord he deserves all the glory. And I know it makes him smile :)

3 comments:

Jill said...

Preach it sista'! I love it. You're so great...

Kimberly Beach said...

If you sit near me, you'll hear this southern girl give a rousing, "yeees!" and wave her hand in the air. It's in ya, let it out!

Miss. Jinny said...

She is telling the truth she really does let a little amen or yes preach it! Man Jen you crack me up! I love you!