Thursday, January 1, 2009

Inspired...

The other day I was watching Extreme Home Makeover one of my most favorite shows. The show highlighted a woman who adopted four boys with HIV/AIDS. Her house was sinking into the ground so they built her a brand new home. She was working full time, going to school and adopted four boys with HIV/AIDS.

In this show they were working on two projects. The other one was a rec center for a camp called "Camp Heartland."

A camp for kids with AIDS. The funny thing is that Camp Heartland was started and founded by a friend of mine from High School named Neil Willenson. I had forgotten about Neil and this project he was working on. But I am blown away.

I was totally inspired. It all started because he knew about a boy... who was not allowed to go to CHURCH or camp because of his diagnosis of AIDS. So Neil decided to start camp for kids with AIDS. I am totally inspired by his story, his willingness to make a difference in the lives of kids who are discriminated against and how many lives his love and efforts have touched.

Maybe Lord... maybe this year...in 2009... it's not about me... it's about what I can do for others. Check this out:

1 comment:

Miss. Jinny said...

Hey I saw that one too lol! It blows my mind that a church would kick a kid out with hiv instead of opening their arms to them! My heart breaks for those kids! We are called to love with open arms all of God creation and it is just sad to me that there are truly churches out there who don't! No wonder people are turned off by church! Love you!