Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Blow the stink off....


PS. The first song on my playlist is dedicated to my awesome husband. This is "our song" the one we didn't play at our wedding but had planned to... because I was a freak! :) Love you BK!
The SECOND song is the actual song (I found it) that we danced to at our wedding. Here it is BK!
Did you ever get to the end of a week and think... what is with my family? Why is everyone so crabby... what's with all the attitude? Billy's Dad used to tell him to go outside to "blow the stink off of him." What I've realized in my family life is that when we are all cooped up inside for so long... we just need some time to go blow the stink off of us. Get out, get in a new environment, spend time together doing something fun. So, the Kline family decided to get out this past weekend and go ice skating. We have this great little ice skating rink in town. The kids are getting old enough where they'll try anything. No fear... which is good. It amazes me too how after eight years of marriage I am still learning things abou tmy husband I never knew. Like he had NEVER EVER put a pair of ice skates on and skated until this past weekend. What a trooper. We took breaks when our ankles felt like they were going to snap... and had some hot cocoa. It amazes me how simple things like this bring me so much joy.

My grandma Hohnke used to take me to a mall in Milwaukee that had an ice skating rink. So this trip made me remember her a lot. (the tears are coming) I was probably 8 years old or something like that. My Grandpa would go too.. and sit and watch us skate while he drank hot cocoa or coffee or something. Even though I was pretty novice at it... she bought me a red leotard tutu. It seriously is one of my most favorite memories. I was impressed with myself that I felt pretty comfortable still on the ice... after many many years of being off the ice.

I even showed off a little to my kids and did a little twirl. :) Have a blessed day friends... and if you have a little cabin fever... get outside and "Blow the stink off." lv, jen

2 comments:

Jill said...

So great! Looks like a ton of fun. I'd like to see you when you're 8 months prego out there doing twirls :)You have such a beautiful family. Thanks for reminding me to blow the stink off. It's easy to forget! Oh, and love the country!

Miss. Jinny said...

Man I love ice skating and thank you for reminding me to blow the stink off! I love you!