Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ain't nothing gonna break my stride...



I love this song. I child of the 80's I am. If my life were musical it would be a mix of worship music and 80's music. I was watching tv the other day and I don't even remember the show or the person who said it but someone referred to another person as being "tightly wound." That just sounds so painful. But I started to think of the ways I am "tightly wound." I worry too much, I plan too much, I wish I was the Wizard of Oz controlling it all... but I'm not... and that's a REALLY good thing. My goal, resolution, and prayer for this year is that I just take it all in stride. That I enjoy my life, that I worry less, love more and walk through each day trusting in an almighty awe inspiring gasp giving God who loves me.

Now... part of my faith (which I am totally thankful for) is that I do give myself some "grace" or understanding that I am human and I may resort to these things, but I am going to make a more prayerful and dedicated effort not to do it. I am realizing that this pregnancy, the new birth of a baby are all things I have forgotten, things that are going to blow my mind... and make me go... WOW... I totally forgot about that part of raising a baby! But my life is a gift, this life inside of me is a gift and what a cool journey it is going to be. Wish me luck on "loosening up" or as they say in Hawaii "no worries" or as they say in California "Whatever dude". I am taking each new day in stride... and loving every minute of it. I can use all the help I can get... so any prayers or encouragement is greatly appreciated. I look forward to this new year with anticipation and excitement. Thank you Lord for 2009.

1 comment:

Jo said...

That is funny that you mention forgetting things about raising kids - Matt and I just had a conversation about toddlers say "NO" to everything and how much I really do not enjoy that or the way it sounds.

Here learning to take it all in stride with you sister.