Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Opening Night


Well, this day has finally arrived. The opening night of the Passion Play. I can hardly believe it is here. Something Bill has been talking and praying about and rehearsing for weeks and weeks for.. has finally arrived.

The dress rehearsal on Monday was great. You can see the cast coming together in a coordinated way. What I am learning about this awesome production is not that it is 100% theater. The production is the result of prayer, fellowship, building relationships, music, meeting in small groups and the holy spirit working in the hearts of all cast members for evangelism.

This awesome gospel story is told so people in the audience are supernaturally touched by the holy spirit and are drawn closer to God. Jesus desires a relationship with every single person he died for on that cross. He desires a deep relationship so even though you may believe he died for you and know that he is the real Jesus working in your life... he desires to show himself to you by spiritually giving you the peace that he promises, the hope, the strength, the miracles. He is ALIVE today. We can see him in EVERYTHING we do. We can feel his spirit motivating us to be better, we can watch him work miracles, quiet our worried souls and show us his specific "awe inspiring, gasp giving, miracle working" love for us.

As I watch my husband in this play and on that cross. He does not look like my husband. He becomes "Jesus" to me. Jesus who suffered, died and was buried. Jesus who no one believed was real or true. Jesus who was mocked.

Jesus in 2009 is still mocked and ridiculed. Many people on this earth believe this story is a myth and not true. People will tell you it was made up and there is no PROOF that the Bible is even truth.

I know with every fiber of my being that God sent this man to earth to die on the cross for me. Not because I am gullible and believe everything I hear and or read. But because I have prayed to, been blown away by, been transformed by, my heart has been loved, I have been physically and spiritually changed by a mighty God who was thinking of me when he sent his son to die. I know this is true because I have experienced the relationship Christ wants to have with me.

Have you? If not. Pursue Him. He is pursuing you.

Love,
jen

2 comments:

Michy said...

Beautiful.

Miss. Jinny said...

You are amazing and I am blown away by what God is teaching you and how much He has changed in you! You are a blessing and I love you sister! :)