Monday, April 6, 2009

Dress Rehearsal - Day One

Last night we had a dress rehearsal and potluck beforehand for the play. It was really cool. This is all very real now. We all were in costume, we ran through the play with lights sound, a small crowd of people in the audience because it was an open rehearsal. Like I said, I am totally out of my comfort zone on stage, but I am sensing the importance of really "nailing" this play for the simple fact it is an important story to tell well. Not just tell.

I was so focused on how this is all coming together last night, I forgot to take pictures. We go again tonight for our final dress rehearsal before our opening night. Tonight I will take some pics and post them. Bill is exhausted. We will all be spent by the end of this week. I talked to Billy last night and ask him how he will feel when it is all over and he admitted it might be kind of sad. He really enjoys being a part of something this important and giving his contribution. Plus I think he is learning a lot and stretching himself in many ways.

If you are reading this and are in the Durango area. Please come to see the play. It is April 8-11, 2009. The play starts at 7pm. We'd love to see you there!

If your not in the area. Check out our church website they may even have streaming video of the play each night on our website. We are checking into it.

Love, jen

3 comments:

Kimberly Beach said...

Friday and Saturday nights will be streamed live. I'll have the address tonight!

Jill said...

Bill is awesome! He should be so proud of himself. I can't imagine how difficult it is to do that night after night - incredibly exhausting for sure. We are praying for him and you!

Michy said...

Thanks for these last 2 posts. I hadn't stopped to think about what dedication it takes for Bill to do this. I can't even imagine how difficult it is both physically and emotionally. Since I first read this a couple of days ago I have really begun to pray for him (and others too). Thanks for sharing your lives!