Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Awesome Power of God... through the play


I have to post some more pictures of the Passion Play. I am so proud of my husband and the accomplishment of this play. Bill practiced for months, he prayed for months, plus he worked his regular full-time job. Out of the 12 scenes that are in the play he acted and had lines in 10 of them. He cared about the role. He took it seriously and felt humbled to be able to play it. He learned and grew in relationship with some of the coolest people we never would have met had he not done the play. I look at him now... clean shaven, head shaved and back to being "my Billy" and he is a new person inside and out. God worked in his heart.

One of the nights of the play a friend of one of the cast members who is a veteran battling cancer watched the play from a VA hospital online. He wrote this note to the cast and crew. He addressed Bill in the letter. This letter is the motivation, the inspiration the reason everyone is so dedicated to communicating this message.

I wish I could tell you all in person how you have touched my life in
these troubled days, I pray for each and every one of you as you do for me. I continue to believe that all that my life has witnessed has lead me here to you, and to Him, at this place and this time. Your faith and utmost dedication came through to me again tonight as I watched the amazing performance from my new home here with other homeless veterans in Albuquerque, and hope that you find strength that
you have touched other lives here as well as my own.

What came forth from the screen of my computer was nothing short of glorious and
divine. There are no words to describe the power and emotion that filled this room and the faces of those of us here who many times have felt forgotten in life. I can assure you that tonight that was not the case.

I saw tears on the faces of tough, hard yet broken men who have seen the worst in humanity and too often have done things that scar the soul forever. We often find it hard to forgive ourselves and allow that Christ could truly do the same. We become callus and cold.

Tonight I saw grown men thaw and open their hearts in a way I could have never believed without the Spirit of the Lord coming through you all and overtaking this room. Every man was touched by God. Again my faith is confirmed and renewed by true love….His love. There was not a word spoken the entire show, no one left the room, no sound was made, but the gentle crying of men in pain finally letting some of it go. We had an older gentleman pass away today, and the facility was filled with sadness at the passing of another unknown soldier. After the show we talked, and many the remark was made that this man has gone home. That he will be welcomed with open arms into paradise, and his earthly pain is no more. He serves a greater Master and a Heavenly purpose now. What I saw tonight was beautiful and glorious and exceptional. You have all brought comfort and joy to those who need it most,and are all truly servants of Christ and blessings upon us.

Here was his message to Billy:
To Bill, your sacrifice was truly seen and uplifting to men who know of sacrifice
and honor, and you honor us here with your gift to us. My self and others pray for you and for your continued strength. I only wish that we could have felt the emotion and power of being there, it must have been overwhelming.

I have the "rockinest"(my own made up word)husband in the world. In so many awesome ways you have touched lives. Your decision to serve in this play has made an incredible impact on so many people's lives. I am so proud of you. Thanks Billy, for example, your leadership and mostly your love. Love you sweetie!

Jen