Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter Everyone!



Today is the day thousands of years ago, people were blown away shocked to hear learn and see that Jesus rose from the dead! The tomb was open, the robe was in the tomb and Jesus was no where to be found. He had risen from the dead and fulfilled prophecy. No other faith based story can claim this miracle. Our pastor was a former Lawyer for 10 years and he said he would love to have the "Case for Christ." Christ revealed himself to 500 people after the resurrection.

I believe he still comes to us today. He may no appear physically but he reveals himself in the ways that effect our hearts the most. He tells us promises in the Bible about his love. I want to reflect on how Jesus has revealed himself to me thoughout my life and fulfilled many of his promises. Once I started focusing on my spiritual life and Jesus, it has been one of the most amazing life changing experiences. Here are some ways I remember how Jesus has revealed himself to me throughout my life.

When I was little, I would read the bible and every time I read it the message in it or story would move me. I seriously would close it and wonder... wow... how did this book know I needed to hear that.

When I was about 13 my friend Nikki brought home a book her aunt had given her about Jesus dying on the cross. The little booklet talked about how you ask Jesus into your heart and tell him you need him. I did it.

When I was raised in the Catholic church and a song came on the words spoke to my heart so strongly. I would cry. Tears would stream down my face. I could feel Christ's love.

When I knelt during a mass or service... I felt so peaceful. Like I was having my own private conversation with God. Mano y mano.

When my daughter was born. I looked into her eyes and felt the love God had for me.. that he created this special gift for me inside my body. I knew I didn't deserve something so precious.

When my husband and I were married in the Catholic church. I knew during that ceremony it was a sacred promise between Bill and I but the main reason we were there was because we wanted God to be at the center of it.

When Bill and I moved to Buffalo and attended a small Presbyterian church. The pastor ran off the alter to greet my husband right before the service. It touched him in a way that I've never could have imagined. I believe this pastor was such a reflection of what Jesus wants to do for each one of us... it spoke to Bill's heart.

When we decided to move to Durango after praying and asking God to guide us. We had buyers without even listing our home... and a home to move right into in Colorado. Everything we needed to have happen to move did. And the move was seamless.

When I had miscarriage last year. I prayed to God, on my knees revealing my heart and soul ("when we are weak, he is strong...") telling God we desired so much to have more children to please bless our lives with one more. He heard my prayers and my tears and delivered.

This Easter think about the ways in which Jesus has revealed to YOU that He is alive and living in your heart and life. If your heart has been stirred because a part of you understands these small things I am talking about, I encourage you to begin an intimate relationship by just in your heart asking Jesus to be part of it. Admit you need him in your life and watch how he meets you exactly where you need him most.


Happy Easter friends, Peace!

1 comment:

Mom Of Many said...

We love you Jen! We are so tickled to be part of your ongoing going to become more and more like the heart of the Father - you are so authentic - you're awesome!! xo