Thursday, April 16, 2009

28 weeks and counting...


I am at 28 weeks, which means i am heading into my third trimester of this pregnancy. The good news is all is well, the baby's got a nice strong heartbeat, she is moving and shaking and people are feeling my belly to see signs of this awesome new creation in the Kline family. We are totally excited for July and are preparing our lives for this new arrival.

It is interesting what happens in the mind of a preganant woman as she begins to anticipate the arrival of a new sibling, child and family member. One of the "symptoms" of pregnancy is something called nesting. Nesting is just a nagging feeling that you want everything organized, you want to be prepared, you want to take all the things you can control and make them organized. You want the rest of life to be organized so you can welcome this child into a peaceful wonderful place. I know it sounds terribly OCD... but it is what happens in the brain of a 28 week old pregnant chick. It would be like a mother bird... ready to lay an egg but having no where to lay the egg. You HAVE to nest. And I have to say that with Josie inside of me, I am brimming over with the nesting bug. I still have three months left... but I want to get rid of ANYTHING that we do not use, need or touch. I want to simplify down to the few things we may need to live. If we have not looked at it or touched it or played with it in the last year, it's out the door.

So as a result of the mad desire to cleanse and prepare. We are going to have a massive garage sale. We are emptying our garage, our drawers, our toyboxes, our bookshelves, our kitchen. Anything we do not sell will be donated to the La Plata County Humane Society Thrift store. Ahhhhh... sigh... relief.


In the meantime my body is growing by leaps and bounds. I've had a few people now ask me when I am due and when I tell them July their face scrinches up into a little ball and they look puzzled. Or their eyes open big and wide and look at me like... you have THAT far to go yet? Or they ask me if I'm sure I'm only having one baby and maybe it's twins. This to me is an indication that I am getting pretty big... and God is growing this baby inside of me. The other indication is the inability to breath correctly, the uncomfortable feeling I have when I get up to do anything and the absolute angst I feel when I have any type of project to face in front of me. I seriously have to talk myself into all projects. Big or small.

Go make Toby lunch... uh... well, he can snack all day... can't he? No... go make Toby lunch.... uh...it wouldn't hurt if he skipped a meal... YES IT WOULD... GO MAKE TOBY LUNCH!... big sigh... big grunt, heave ho up and adam and waddle into the kitchen.

I wonder how I'll get throught the garage sale, I think the motivation to nest might just get me through it all! So we are at 28 weeks and counting. May 1st is my next doctor appointment so I'll keep ya'll posted.

Thanks to everyone for their awesome support and love. Having friends and family to support us and love on us during this transition is one of the best blessings I could have. Have an awesome week.

5 comments:

Jill said...

12 weeks seems so much closer then 3 months...How does that work? I can't believe you're almost there!!!! And for the record, you look beautiful! Cute little prego.

Michy said...

Cute. Just plain cute!

Kristin said...

We had that giant "stuff sale" at church when I was about 28 weeks pregnant with Pax...it was the beginning of the end for my ankles :)Just be sure to call us non-pregnant people to help you sort, lable, and move stuff, and you can sit in a lovely chair and direct us all! Gotta love the nesting !

Miss. Jinny said...

Okay so i must always be nesting lol! I love organizing things I am totally OCD when it come to organizing! You need any help just call me I will tell you to shut the bag and don't look back! :) I love you and I can't wait to meet Josie Hope Kline! See you in a little while!

Unknown said...

Oh, how my heart leaps at the thought of meeting little Josie! What an amazing testimony this little girl is, and she isn't even born yet! Incredible... like you, friend. Thanks so much for coming to visit tonight. You lifted our spirits more than you will ever understand. I am so grateful for friends like you.