Saturday, April 4, 2009

Jesus - He's Alive!

Jesus BEFORE!

Well, we did it. Today we are beginning to "transform" my husband into his "thespian" role of Jesus. I have to say that theatre and acting and drama and "playing other people" is not something I am oh so comfortable with and I am NOT very good at. I respect everyone who can act, sing, and perform for people to the utmost. It is a difficult job and I trying to take part in it even as a crowd member has been stretching my comfort zone drastically. These people are incredible. And if I do say so myself, Bill is doing a great job.

But when Bill is onstage with his fellow thespians and actors, I am proud. Everyone involved has invested a piece of themselves in the play. Not only do they perform in the play and develop costumes, characters and build sets, they work on lighting sound and stage management. During the play which is the coolest things the cast is also praying for everyone. When the words from the Bible are spoken outloud those words come to life in the hearts and minds of people. The Holy spirit is at work during this play. It is an awesome awesome thing to watch and experience. That the peace of the holy spirit will rest on our church.

Before Jesus died on the cross he said this:

John 14: 25-27
25"All this I have spoken while still with you. 26But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

As Billy begins his physical transformation I believe God is working in his heart as well. This play is called the "Passion Play." The scene where Jesus is being nailed to the cross is one of the hardest scenes for me to watch. He endured that cross because of my sin and rose from the dead to fulfill the prophecy... to communicate to the world he truly was the son of God... who came to earth to reconcile us to God. And when he does raise from the dead and the stone is rolled away and everyone shouts "He's alive." It means that Jesus died on that cross, but is still alive and working our lives today. He pursues us not just that we know he died for us, but that he rose from the dead so that we could be in relationship with Him. That we know Him like you would know your best friend.

Transforming BK physically was fun. Grace helped with his hair coloring, Toby and Grace took pictures and we all had a blast watching Daddy change his hair today. We look forward to dress rehearsal and the potluck before the play... tomorrow will be fun. Opening night is the 8th and it's going to be a long week but a week in which we will have a blast and it will all be worth it.

I cannot say enough about this man of mine. I am proud of his hard work, his dedication and most of all his journey with the Lord. He inspires me and motivates me to be better watching him pursue this with all of his heart. He can do anything in my eyes and if I do say so myself I think he look just as cute with brown hair as he did with blonde. :)

Here is my brown haired Jesus!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He's so cute! The new look kind of freaked me out at church, though. I didn't realize it was him.