Friday, December 26, 2008

Thankful Thursday... (again on Friday)




Well, Christmas was yesterday and what a wonderful Christmas it was. Presents were opened, BK made his ultimate super delicious monkey bread and we ate lots of yummy food made by my awesome Mom to end the day on a sweet little note. This Christmas was special, because we were blessed with Jinny to stay the night Christmas Eve and hang with our family on Christmas day. Now if any of you know a child's reaction to jinny spending the night... it's like you just told them that Santa himself was spending the night. It brought shrieks of joy and excitement from my children! Here is what I am thankful for this Christmas.


1. For my friend Jinny. She is a special woman... who I am blessed to call a friend and sister.

2. For my husband who loves to cook and makes yummy treats.

3. For my Mom who spent the day getting a HUGE meal put together and made JESUS the focal point in her home this Christmas.

4. For my amazingly cute niece Ari dancing while my brother jammed on his guitar. She entertained us all!




5. For Jesus and how he entertains and loves me every day.

6. For my brothers who are so different and so incredible each in their own special way.

7. For my Dad who is a Grandpa who "listens" when my kids want to tell him something very important.

8. For my fireplace and kindling and wood. Nothing beats a warm fire blazing while laying around and resting on Christmas day.

9. For the grace I gave myself this Christmas. My own special Christmas present... making it ok not to do "everything" and still have an awesome Christmas.

10. For the tons and tons of snow that fell... which in turn made people slow down and really enjoy this Christmas together.

1 comment:

Miss. Jinny said...

Thank you for allowing me to come over and hang with you it was so much fun and it made this Christmas season not so hard! :) Love, Me