Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Prince


I have been very sick as you all know. So sick that doing anything beyond getting myself dressed in the morning feels like a lot of work. Our house has not been "blessed" or cleaned in a "few" weeks... which with two small children is NOT a good thing. It has been clutter and laundry o rama in our house. Billy has been talking to me about how the children need to pick up their things and I keep explaining to him that the children will not pick up their things if they do not see examples of said "older adults" and "parental figures" picking up their things. They need to be told what is expected, have a place for their things and we as parents need to create an environment that empowers them to clean up. Mind you these "said parental figures" are BK and I. We often will neglect the home to watch Survivor or neglect a good house blessing to hang out and cook together or neglect "chores" so we can just chill and relax. I work part-time and BK works full time any time we have together is precious... so we usually choose "other" things over chores and housework. That's just how we "roll." BK and I have also been talking about how sometimes women don't WANT to do it ALL. We want a prince to come in and save us, help us, make our lives a little easier with their knowledge, th eir strength or better yet.. their assistance. These two conversations sparked something beautiful... something that unfolded before me like a fairytale and as it happened I smiled and thanked God for my awesome prince. Tonight he: sorted ALL the laundry... started new loads of laundry... PUT AWAY his folded laundry and had the kids put away their laundry and pick up their room. He picked up HIS things and vacummed our bedroom. I started dinner and he finished it and served it to the kids. We washed dishes together and this family worked together as a team to make this house "truly blessed." I told BK that the help he gave me in the house tonight was a VERY good thing. (wink wink) He is my prince. My prince and my knight in shining armor... who knew that "saving" me from a cluttered and messy house and leading his family by example... could fill my heart so... and they lived happily ever after.

2 comments:

Miss. Jinny said...

Go Billy Bob good brownie points for you! :) And what an awesome thing to come home to after going to crazy walmart! Love you can't wait to spend Christmas together my sister!

Jill said...

Go Billy it's your birthday *wink wink*! What a sweet story. Now you have to answer just one question...is Billy a handsome prince by day and Shrek by night?