Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm Prego


Ok... I have not posted in quite some time due to this very important announcement. Any ounce of energy I have is prioritized and spent on the things I need to get done. (ie brush my teeth, get dressed, take care of my children and love my husband etc etc.) I can say that even the things I prioritize are not happening as perfectly as I would like them to.

I am 9 weeks pregnant today. This is a big deal in the Kline family. My sweet husband has dreamed of a family with four children for a very long time. We were pregnant last year at at 6 weeks had a miscarriage. It was a hard time for us as we did not have previous complications with pregnancies so we had lots of questions and frustrations. We prayed a lot and talked a lot about our next steps for this family. We discussed adoption because it is something that is huge on my heart. There are many kids who need a mom and a Dad and for whatever reason do not have one. As we prayed and talked, Bill really felt like we should keep trying to have one more baby.

Well praise the Lord... it happened. Please keep in mind that the Lord and I had many arguments over what happened last time, I was furious, sad, frustrated confused and a ton of emotions. I never realized how much I did not "feel" like I was done having children and that I could see Grace and Toby welcoming a new baby into our family. It was a dream that was on my heart that I wanted to see happen.

We are counting every day as precious in this pregnancy. We thank God for keeping this baby healthy. In the mean time my friends... I am sick as a dog. I can barely keep anything down and food is my enemy right now. (never in my life would I ever consider food an enemy... I LOVE FOOD!) I can handle watered down apple juice and cereal and after that... I am ok in the morning. Feel great right when I wake up. After that... it's touch and go and not fun at all. I ended up going to the emergency room last week because I was dehydrated... they gave me two bags of IV saline and some nausea medicine. It was awesome. I have an appt with my doctor on Thursday to figure out what's up. The coolest part was that in the emergency room the doc did an ultrasound of the baby to just check the heartrate. Sounded great. Looked good. He said all he could confirm at this point was that there was a good heartbeat.

We waited as long as possible to tell our children. Grace was upset that the last pregnancy never came to pass. She even questioned me as to whether or not this one would actually grown inside me long enough to become a baby. (my daughter is very wise). I had to be honest with her and tell her that life is delicate and it takes a long time for everything to happen inside Mommy's body and we would just pray that God keep the baby healthy. So we rejoice for this awesome news. We look forward to our new family and we pray that I can make it through each day hydrated, fed and nourished.

As we wait in anticipation of this awesome cool answer to prayer. We ask that you just pray that this baby remains healthy and we manage all the details well. Hormones, sickness, exhaustion in a Mom can take it's toll on me and my family. All prayers are welcome. love, jen

PEACE!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah! Can't wait to love another Kline! And I'm so glad you finally are telling people - it's so hard to keep exciting news to yourself. We love you guys, & we'll keep praying, of course!

Jill said...

Yeah! The word's out! Let everyone rejoice and pray. Pray for that baby's health as well as yours. I hope the drs are able to help you friend. We look forward to July? when we get to meet this new one!

Jo said...

I will add my YEAH! We are praying. Excited to meet this new little one.

Jerome Bleger said...

Now we can pray for the newest member of the Kline family and look forward to the day that we get to meet them....and teach them to be a Broncos fan :)

Kristin said...

hooray, hooray, hooray!! We are so very happy for you guys! You are in our thoughts and prayers, and PLEASE let me know if you need help with anything...I don't live TOO far away and I am very flexible:)

Megan said...

Congratulations Jen! I am so happy for you guys! You are such a wonderful woman and I feel so much joy to know that the prayers and desires of you and your family's hearts are being answered! Lots of love to you and hang in there!!!