Thursday, December 4, 2008

An Attitude of Gratitude - on Thankful Thursday


Many times I need to check my attitude. There are days where I walk around my cluttered home and huff and puff and think about how much work needs to be done and how there are not enough hours in the day and how hardworking I am and how my house should be cleaner and I am not organized enough or good enough with time management... blah blah blah.

Last night, as I took care of my sick daughter and put my son to bed, I kept walking past this barbie dress that had been sitting on our stairs for about 3 days. My daughter took it out and my son had probably flung it around the room and my husband had stepped on it about 5 trillion times on our way upstairs... and there it sat. Each time I walked by it I kept wondering I wonder who is going to recognize that thing needs to be put away. No one did. :) As I picked it up last night to bring it into Grace's room where normally I would huff and puff and grumble I thought to myself... I am so thankful my daughter has a dress for her Barbie and that I have a daughter who loves to play with her Barbies. I am thankful she only has the flu and I am thankful that I have a beautiful son and a husband who works hard. I have to tell you that I've heard other people say these kinds of things and had never experienced that feeling myself... God is working in my heart and my soul. He is showing me what it means to check myself, my attitude and appreciate the unbelievable goodness in my life.

Here is what I am thankful for this Thursday...

1. My awesome husband. Who is hardworking, loving, supportive and super duper cute.
2. The view I have of the mountains and the stars at night.
3. God's totally specific love for me and the numerous ways he shows me love.
4. My friends and my family. This community of people I have that support and love this family of mine.
5. Good recipes and girls who share them. Many Mom's and Dad's... over years and years have perfected meals to serve to their families to show love.
6. Date nights and Game nights... that fuel my relationships
7. My computer so I can blog and email. :)
8. Good friends and family back in Minnesota and Iowa and the midwest in general. They are the reason we keep going back.
9. My bro in New York. Who loves my kids and is inspired by them.
10. My Bible. It inspires me and gives me a glimpse into how much I have to learn.. and how much I am loved.

PEACE FRIENDS!
lv, jen

2 comments:

Jill said...

Thanks for the reminder to give thanks in ALL things. How easily we forget :) You are a hard working mama and I am amazed at all you do. We all have those "doll dresses" that we wish others would see. Mine was a couch pillow that Mark actually had to step over:) I'm thankful for our couch and that it has pillows...I'm working on it sista!

Jill said...

My background came from www.thecutestblogontheblock.com They have a million backgrounds! Way cute and super easy. I wanted to find one that didn't have stuff under my blogs and pics. It was too hard to read.