Saturday, July 10, 2010

Look Mom...



I have to post about this because I am so in love with my Gracie.. I need to talk about where she is at with her faith and what God is doing in her heart. Last year, Grace was in class at church and during the message of kids' church there was discussion about salvation. Kids were invited to ask Jesus into their hearts. I got a text from one of our awesome teacher and a good friend of mine saying she had asked Jesus into her heart. I teared up, I was so happy.

However, about 3 months ago... G and I were talking before bedtime and I was talking to her about if she understood what asking Jesus into her heart meant. Grace is very smart. She notices everything, she thinks things through... she watches relationships and people, she draws conclusions from behavior, she is a keen listener. So even though in that class she prayed "the prayer" I wanted to be sure she understood what it meant and why it was a cool thing.

I need to preface this a little bit. Because Grace's friends don't all believe what she believes she finds it very cool when she sees ANYTHING ANYWHERE that mentions God or Jesus. I bought her a Chapter book from a christian book store and she was so EXCITED when she saw they were talking about Jesus. We were watching the Duggers one time (19 and counting...) and one of the sons was talking about how he was waiting for the girl that God had created for him to marry. She beamed. She said,
"Mom... did you hear what he said?" He is talking about Jesus. And today she was on the computer playing a video game and they mentioned Jesus on it and she was blown away. I asked her, "Grace... why do you like to see Jesus' name on things?" She said because I never see games that have to do with Jesus. So it jumps out at me when it does.

Anyway, about 3 months ago... G and I were talking about asking Jesus into her heart. Did she understand why we ask Jesus to be with us? I talked to her about this verse:

9That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. 11As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame."[e] 12For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."[f]

Well, Grace really loved hearing this message again. She loved to know that there was a God who wanted to be in her heart. She knows she needs Jesus. What a great gift. She asked me today... Mom why isn't there more "Jesus" games on the computer?

And I told her. Grace... it says in the Bible that some people will not believe that God wants to be in their lives. God give everyone a choice... and they can choose. I said sometimes believing you need a savior includes having to admit that you have sin... and some people don't want to look at their sin and admit they struggle or believe that God can heal them from that sin.

She is in awe of God, I'm praying that he just continues to draw her closer... in love. Show her the unending love he has for her... at a very early age. That her prayers are heartfelt, her passion for Jesus strong and her conviction to tell others something that burns within her. I am proud of my daughter for so many reasons, but her focus and thought that goes into her faith is amazing. Thank you Lord for Grace... when she was born.. I felt undeserving of such a precious gift. Thank you for revealing yourself to her... so that she might be a gift to everyone she meets... and blow them all away with her light and love. AMEN.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is beautiful. She is so sweet, and learning so much. What a blessing she is!

Mike, Sarah, and Josh Dombrowski said...

Woohoo! Lord, I ask for a heaping helping of Your Spirit on this special girl and her family. Continue to reveal Yourself to them!