Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Little things....


As I navigate this situation with moving I am reflecting today on the little things that God has done in providing us a new home to live in.
My hearts desire was that this move would not disrupt the kids too much. They love where we live, they love their school. Hermosa... the area we live in is expensive. It's expensive to buy, it's expensive to live, it's a beautiful valley. I adore it.

So when we started looking for a new rental I was doubtful I could find somethng we could afford in the same area. God knew that. He also knew what we could afford. He knew how much we wanted to pay for a rental.

But I saw in he paper a mobile home for rent in Hermosa for very cheap. It has 3 bedrooms 2 baths...perfect. I called the landlord and asked him the address of the mobile. He told me the address and when I got to it, it did not look like a mobile to me. It was a stick built home with a little masoned chimney on the side. It looked like a cabin. It reminded me of the cabins we would go to when I was little. An "up north" cabin.

I was confused but the landlord said it was open and we could check it out. I walked in the house... it has a fireplace (i love fireplaces) the carpet was nasty... the kitchen was older... the bathroom was REALLY old. The rooms were a decent size. The kids room were doable. There was no furnace. and one wall was a mustard yellow. I kept praying... what's up with this place?

I called BK and told him to come look at it. He was not impressed. We kept looking.

Then the landlord called me and told me he was putting a furnace in the place, new laminate in the living room and recarpeting the kids rooms. We went back and looked at it after that. Bill told me, "It is growing on me". He had painted the rooms, the living room looked nice, he tiled around the fireplace... the mustard yellow was painted over with this really cool deep red. I was starting to see God's hand creating a special place for our family. Taking care of all of those details. Taking care of the things that were not only important to me, but important to my husband.

I kept telling Bill this place was perfect. A place we could live in without having to take the kids away from their school, their friends, their community. He was hesitating. He had a dream of us living with my Dad, helping him, taking care of him as he grew older. He wanted my Dad's dream for his land to be completed and he wanted to help. My husband is an awesome man. He woke up Friday morning told me to call the landlord, tell him we would take the place. I was half asleep. He said, I want you to be happy. Call the landlord. It was like music to my ears. What a beautiful wonderful husband I have. What an awesome man who loves his family. Here we go Lord...

So Friday night the landlord called me. He told me that he and his wife had walked through the house. They were excited we were going to rent it. They wanted it to be nice for us. He decided he was going to carpet the master bedroom too and after looking at the bathroom, he decided to renovate the bathroom this week. He said that the kitchen cabinets would be replaced in the fall and the windows to the home would be replaced before winter. Please note: Bill created a beautiful garden at my Dad's house. He worked very hard to make sure it was dirt he could harvest yummy veggies and stuff. I was sad he was leaving his garden. But on the phone the landlord said to us, Oh yeah... and this place has THE BEST garden. We put manure in the garden bed and the spot we have it in is perfect for growing lots of great things. I hope you like it... (another detail and prayer answered). So, Shawn the landlord told me that he would call me at the end of the week when they were wrapping up renovations. He would call me and we could work out the details.

The bottom line is that God's love is evident to me. All the details that need to be worked out are being worked out.

BK reminded me today of our home in Buffalo we had a Cherry tree we planted in our back yard. It was a tree from his Dad's funeral. Last night they had fundraiser at Grace's school. We bid and won a photograph of a canvac picture of a cherry tree. We will hang it in our new living room to represent a new beginning for us. A new season... an exciting time as we watch God provide detail after detail and we seek him in all we are doing.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, now I'm crying! It is so awesome to see God working out all the details for you. Love you lady!

Andy and Cari said...

Wow. It is so wonderful to see God work. I love that by writing these things down we can see Gods hand in our lives. We can see His power and love and show our kids, our family and those around us that God is real... you can prove it by your new home.
Congrats
C

Jeanette Hohnke said...

I am so happy for you and your Cherry tree..