Monday, May 17, 2010

Way too long...

It' been way too long since I last blogged. So I dedicating 20 minutes of my day today to update ya'll on the happenings here in Durango.

Family life is still adjusting. Adjusting to baby girl who is now 10 MONTHS OLD! Amazing. Adjusting to new home and just adjusting to being a family of five. Big kids keep getting bigger (there is no stopping them) :) And as they get bigger we will be taking them to more things. They want playdates, they are involved in sports and activities etc.etc. They like to be challenged and be outside.... so we are also adjusting to all of that. We are excited because we are taking a family trip to Iowa the first week in June to see family and friends in the midwest. Pray for us. It is an 18 hour trip. But we are excited. Billy is adjusting with his diabetes numbers. I am trying to educate myself more on what he is going through, I fear I have no clue because it is a tough thing to manage. He is daily trying to manage his blood sugar levels and really it's a hard thing to do when they can fluctuate based on so many little things. I am praying for him... praying we all adjust as God remains faithful to keep us healthy.

Ministry is amazing. We are "relaunching" the ministry on August 22nd. Lots to do and not a lot of time to get it done. I have an amazing team. I am excited to see how the new ministry is going to be received by kids and families. Fun stuff.


Grace turned 8 years old yesterday. I cannot believe how old she is! She is an amazing little girl. She had fun time celebrating her birthday with her friend Clara from school. Clara is moving to a new school next year so Grace wanted to make a memory with her before she left. She has a huge kind heart. She is always thinking of others. I am such a proud Mama of my baby girl.


Toby joined T-Ball with his buddies Katrina and Kale. HE LOVES IT! He has the gift of encouragement because as kids run to first base... he is telling them what a great hit they just made and pointsthem to 2nd base as they run. He likes to talk about his shadow as he has kids stand on 1st base and he asks them things like... what school do you go to? And.... I am 6 years old!


Josie is 10 months old. In 2 months she will be a year old! It amazes me how fast th first year passes. She is walking around grabbing onto the coffee tables, pulling herself up on everything and putting every crumb and whatever in her mouth. She laughs a lot and we swear she calls Billy Dah Dah... She is a go getter and will let you know when you have done something to upset her. She is spunky.

So I am sharing some pics... some new... some old of the kiddos. We will have lots more when we travel in 2 weeks. So I'll try to get some more out there.

I pray all my friends who read this are doing well. God bless you. :)

1 comment:

Andy and Cari said...

welcome back!!!! I have missed you. I think and pray for you often. I love Josies pic!!! Such a grown up little thing! Enjoy your trip! C