Monday, April 26, 2010

An encouragement...

This has been a difficult year. Can I say that? Is that ok to say? It is funny because every January 1st I always say a little prayer to God that this be a year in which I am transformed and made better. But what I really want is a year in which there will be no pain, no tears, joy all the time, no sickness, no sadness and on and on. I'm such a punk. (wink)

We are four months into this year. Much has happened to me and my friends, even my bloggy friends are enduring some of the most difficult times in their lives. Really tough stuff. Life altering things. Broken relationships, deaths, miscarriages, fires, addiction, abuse you name it... it's happening. It happens all around us every day.

But here is the good news. We all have the answer. We have the antidote to sin. He paid for all this crap (can I say crap?) on the cross! He died so we would be able to have HIM in our lives. He is walking us through it. He not only carries us... he will make something "GOOD" come of it. Here is the even better news. He is the same today a he was thousands of years ago. He will be the same God for our children and our children's children. His love is abundant, it is perfect, it is exactly what we need when we need it. He is our hope. And we don't have to do one stinking thing but call upon him. PRAY. TELL HIM WHATS UP. CRY. YELL. POUND OUR FISTS. Smile. Laugh. RAISE OUR HANDS.

He just waits for us. Patiently to lean on him. To love him back. To acknowledge He cares. We have that encouragement. Thank you God.

The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present yor requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4: 5-7

2 comments:

Jo said...

Just before a read was asking God to make next month quite and un eventful (mostly because I am being really challenged to change right now); then I realized that all the eventful stuff is what helps us grow closer to God... and I am not in control of things He is... so I will surrender to His plans not mine. So hear you on this one.

Kim said...

You can say crap, because crap happens and sometimes it's a capital C Crap and sometimes a bold CRAP.

I love it when I tell you something and say, "Grace, Grace" with your little hands going up and down and fingers wiggeling like rain drops.

It reminds me that all that happens here is covered by God's Grace and Love.

He just keeps raining down on us!