Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving... what a blast


I love love love this time of the year. As I type this post, I am sitting at the kitchen table at one of my most favorite places in the world. My Mom's house in Elephant Butte, New Mexico. Her home comes complete with a view of Elephant Butte lake and lots and lots of sunshine.
When we got here she had pre cooked a bunch of food for us. The fridge is stocked if we are hungry all we have to do is heat something yummy up to eat. The babies are loved on, the kids have their own "grandkids" room. Decorated in a space theme. They cannot wait to come to Grandma's house, what a true blessing she is to us. I am so blessed by my Mom and her love of her family. Her home is comfortable, fun and loving. As I type she is laying on the futon with Josie reading to her to take her mind off her hiccups that are bugging her. The kids adore her. Grandma is a pro at making sure each grandchild understands how important they are to her and her heart. What an awesome Mom I have who loves my children so much. I am so thankful for her love and her example.

5 comments:

dyanna said...

Very interesting.I like it.
Have a nice week-end.

Megan said...

Jen!!! The family photo looks incredible....what an amazing family you have!!! Love it!!! And I would love having Jeanette as a grandma; I can totally see how she is the funnest :) Miss you guys and glad you had an amazing Thanksgiving!

Jeanette Hohnke said...

Thank you so much XOXOXOXO, as I flood my kitchen floor with tears. I miss you all so much.. I will count down the 18 days.

Jeanette Hohnke said...

Also love, the new photo, glad to see Josie girl in this one.

Andy and Cari said...

I just thought you would like to know, I came into the office the other day to turn off the music my husband left on...I clicked on itunes just to find that it was not the source of the music. The captain had your blog minimized and had been listening to your playlist! When I asked him abou tit later, he said, "she has some pretty awesome music.
I enjoyed it and thought you would get a kick out of it too!

C