Friday, August 22, 2008

Pray Mama Pray!


I am amazed by my children and what I learn from them. When we were in New Mexico visiting my Mom and family. We brought along our portable DVD player. Anyone who has small children and takes very long car rides understands the importance and goodness of these little units! We don't allow the kids to watch the DVD player the entire time, but we do use it at the very end of the drive when they are reaching a point of no return. The first night we were in New Mexico I put the DVD player on the nightstand next to the bed. I had to charge the battery overnight. Grace wanted some water before she fell asleep so I brought her a glass of water. Somehow in the middle of the night, I must have knocked the water with my hand because when I woke up the next morning the DVD player was soaked along with some towels and clothes I had sitting next to the nighstand. Everything was drenched. My first thought was... where I am going to get the money to buy a new DVD player? This is vital! My daughter's first thought as I told her what happened was.... "PRAY!" Quick Mom! "PRAY!". I laughed at her wisdom and my panic and told her to put her hands on the DVD player so we could quickly pray for it. We asked Jesus to fix it as he knew we needed it for trips. After about an hour or so I went back to the DVD player and put a DVD in it... it works... no problems... no defects. I am so proud of Grace and her knowledge of God's understanding of our specific needs. She is at the beginning of this understanding but she is teaching me lots. Cool stuff. Very cool stuff.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I read this when you first posted but didn't have a minute to comment. Now I do :) It blessed me so much to hear that your daughter's first response was to pray. Oh what faith! What a challenge to us parents to have that always be our first response! But what a testimony to you and Bill - she's seen it somewhere. Great job Mama!