Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thankful Thursday - Overwhelmed with Thanks


I don't know if it was because I had such a special birthday or that two of my friends came and helped me declutter and organize my office or that I had the privledge of sharing at our youth group last night or that I am just a big mush face, but I am so thankful.

I am thankful for my friends. For my friends who are single, my married friends, for my old friends and new friends. My friendships show me the love of my Jesus. They show me with the twinkle in their eyes, with their laughter. With the tenderness of their hearts and their big huge hugs. They show me Jesus when they want to spend time with me, help me, talk to me, listen to me and just be with me. What a gift they are to me.

I am so thankful for the beautiful place I call home which is Durango, Colorado. Oh my... it's a funny little place. No shopping whatsoever other than Wal Mart. Lots of "hippie" stores and granola, smoke shops, Hookah bars and things that I truly do not know about. It is the land of gear... camping gear, skiing gear, snowboarding gear, biking gear and mountain climbing gear. The leaves on the trees this time of he year are the most unbelievable things I have seen in a long time. So pretty, it blows my mind a little bit.

I am thankful for my Jesus. I talked about Him last night at youth group. I was able to share a little bit about who He has been to me, who he continues to be and how He is building my faith in Him. I was crying on my way into work again today (mush face)in awe of how thankful I am that he has been with me, he loves me, he always has been with me and that I am getting to know Him better and better as each day passes. To those of you who read this and do not have a relationship with Christ... it may sound crazy to have a relationship with a God I cannot see. But in my heart he speaks to me, through my circumstances, he ministers to me, and through his Word he transforms and changes me for His good plan. And I could never be more thankful for something as wonderful as that.

I am thankful for my sweet husband. Who gets sweeter and sweeter with each year. His heart is big... he desires so much good. I love my Billy and I am excited to celebrate the fact we have been married ten years on the 28th of this month. I look forward to many years to come. I love that man of mine! :)

I am thankful for my children. After I drop the big kids off at school and walk Josie to the van. She nuzzles and buries her head in my neck and gives me the sweetest snuggles around. She stays that way for quite a while. Sometimes we just hang out for a minute and snuggle outside of the van showing each other our love in snuggles. We also laugh at our reflections in the van mirror too. Grace is a girl. Just about as girly as they come. Our latest conversations have been about whether or not we should cut her some bangs. She wants them. I am hesitant. BK said to let her hair grow out first. She has good friends at school. Girls she is becoming closer to. However, she can still go in my office closet and have a blast playing "pretend" with her little brother and have just as much fun. I love that they do that. Toby is just that... "Toby". There is no one else like him. The other day I asked him what his favorite part of his day was at school and he told me that he liked it because he got to use a "spork". It's a SPOON and a FORK mom! I think he saw them in one of his favorite Veggie Tale episodes. He constantly says things like that that make me laugh. Love Him.

I am thankful that I "get to" be in a job that allows me to minister to kids and adults alike. That the job I have centers around Christ. That the kids who come to our church are desiring to experience God in a new fun way. That the parents have hearts who are open and are willing to be transformed by his good nature.

This is a good Thankful Thursday. lv, jen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're right - that is some good stuff. I am thankful for you! Thanks for being such an amazing friend to me. Love you lady!