Sunday, June 27, 2010

Rambings...




FYI.. this is a picture of Grace when she was about 1 1/2 year old. The one above it is of Josie today. Grace looks so much like Josie it's crazy! I am so bugged that my camera is fried. I am headed back to Office Depot this week to buy a battery to see if that will fix it. I am going to be bummed out if I need a new one. So in the meantime I will show pics from my Blackberry.

All is well on this homefront. I am busy with getting the vision and mission of riverKIDS launched in August. We've had some hiccups coming back to our house, but really I believe these things are distractions that are just taking me away from what God has planned for the ministry and my family. Let's just say that I am sick of dwelling on the negative and really focusing on the good. I am tired of evaluating, stressing, worrying and hurting. It is time to live in the joy of the Lord. Live out what I believe. Have faith that can move mountains. Believe that God is FOR ME... not against me. See the good in everything and move forward in the good and awesome plan that God has called me to.

Have you ever just felt like all you do is "manage?" BK and I have three small children, we are navigating a delicate time in our marriage. We are navigating through dealing with some of our own yuck and seeking God for transformation. We are learning what it looks like to work in ministry and minister to others while we ourselves are dealing with stuff. I need to support myself, keep myself healthy, support my family's health. We need more "FUN" in it! So, tis the time. To shake off the funk and step into a new day. A renewed time in our lives where we can look back and say... that was a FUN time serving God, each other and others.

We are promoting a summer of Crazy Love at our church. We are trying to love people like Jesus does. I am going to do it in fun ways, that promote good times for our famlies and kids. I can't wait. Smiling and excited. Here we go!

4 comments:

Jill said...

They DO look so much alike! Grace was adorable! And yes, it is hard, sometimes, to "manage" everything. I have so been there - and in fact I think I'm there now. Somewhere the joy gets lost in the mundane. I'm right there with you. But GOD! He will be my joy. Love you!

Unknown said...

Ugh - right there with you sister. We need to get the stink off together! And the pics of the girls are incredible. You just can't tell them apart. You have such sweet kids. Love you lady!

Kristin said...

love you guys. MISS you guys! If you need to get away to "blow off the stink" there's an air conditioner here....just sayin' :) praying for you, always, as I know how hard this transition is-but it's worth it, I promise. Just keep those priorities in line, and trust God to do the rest!

Jeanette Hohnke said...

Such a blessing to have encouragment from your dear friends. You are blessed, my darling daughter.