Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thankful Thursday - Cari

Isnt' blogging funny? A place where you can share your thoughts with the world. A place where you can write whatever you want to everyone in the world. My friend Jill introduced me to blogspot... I really am blessed by it in so many ways... Jill also introduced me to Andy and Cari's Blog... (see link at sidebar). She told me about this amazing woman who had been through so much in her life... you see in the past year Cari's daughter at 7 months old was reunited with Jesus and at around the same time her husband Andy was diagnosed with a brain tumor and to top it off she was pregnant and due around the same time I was going to deliver Josie.

Jill knows how much I like to pray, she advised me to check out Cari's blog. It's funny how God can take circumstances that make you think you are going to impact someones life and totally blow you away in your own life. I thought, how cool! A family I can pray for! A family that needs God. But once I popped on to her blog... what I realized was that this woman had a HUGE heart for God. She prayed, she quoted scripture to help get her through, she knew God in such an intimate way from her life circumstances that at this point I thought... man I NEED MORE PRAYER! :)

I am thankful that Cari has shared her story. I am thankful that she has given me a new perspective of life on this earth. That someday when I meet Jesus and am in heaven I will get to meet her sweet baby Caden. That for eternity we all don't hang out on earth together but we get to spend eternity in heaven with Jesus and God who created all of us. I am thankful for Cari's faith, for her peace for her honesty and her ability to be vulnerable and at the same time confident in what she believes in who God is for her and her family. I am thankful she had her son Rigg who brightens up her days and brings her joy and is an awesome boy who she will be able to tell stories about Caden.

Today I am thankful for this family who although I only know them through my own blog stalking... have been ministered to and learned from. What a great gift.

4 comments:

Andy and Cari said...

I am blessed a thousand times over by your kind words. Your continued prayer and encouragement has been a tremendous gift from God these past months. I am so happy to "know" you and call you sister.
cari

Unknown said...

AMEN! They have become such an inspiration to so many people, myself included.

Jill said...

Yup! I agree! What a fun family. We need to drag them down to Durango to meet all of us crazy - but super loving - stalkers :)

Andy and Cari said...

you wouldn't have to drag us...my husband and I are in love with your beautiful state. He wants to vactaion there agian sometime in the near future...when we do, y'all will know about it, beacuse I already informed him that if we trek itall the way ou to CO. we will be meeting our prayer warriors/blog friends...no ifs. ands or buts....