Saturday, September 19, 2009

Welcome to "Funk"y town


First of all, I need to change the main picture on this blog... it does not represent the Kline family on this day. We need to take a new family picture so I can put it on here. That will come soon. Baby Josie fulltime job and family/church stuff is time consuming. We'll fit it in here someday soon.

Did you ever have one of those days weeks and months where you just feel like a punk? Today I woke up in a funk... funky... funkadelic. So, I am practicing living more intentionally... not letting my "feelings" and emotions rule the day. Time is too precious, life is too short to let emotions and feelings run me into the ground.


So on most days like this I would get frustrated easily, be quick to anger say things I'll regret, let the little things get to me. But not today. I am doing an experiment in "acting" the opposite of what I feel. If I feel angry, I'll do something that makes me happy or another person happy. If I feel sad, I'll try to get my baby girl to laugh. If I'm frustrated about something I can't control, I'll blow it off to think about it later .

Do the feelings follow the actions? Well, so far it has worked.

In the 80's there were these books called "choose your own adventure" books. Where you could make a choice and depending upon your choice the book would turn out differently. I am being intentional with my actions today praying that my feelings will be obedient and follow shortly thereafter. So far it has worked... this morning could have been riddled with yuck and funk. Not today. Nope... not today. Peace

3 comments:

Michy said...

You go girl! Love this. Writing a post it to put on my computer that says "live intentionally" so I will remember to think about it!

carie said...

thank you for sharing your heart. you are so right and i needed the reminder.
bless you sista
xx

Andy and Cari said...

Sheesh! thanks for making me cry again today!
seriously, your prayer was beautiful,to me, who needed it and was warmed by your words and friendship...and to Christ, who interceeds for us and who loves our prayers like a sweet aroma. Thank you my blog friend. I pray one day we will meet and hug like family!
cari